Should I just take her apart and kiss her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GS17
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 10:37 am #85145

So there’s this girl and we went to France with some friends for a week. I’m 18 y/o and throughout that week I started getting feelings for her and her (and the other girls too) started giving me compliments to me on the beach (they liked my abs and shoulders, they said they loved my perfume and they said I was a social guy and that I always was a gentleman to them).
    Since we’re back in our country I see her once or twice a week but it looks like she stopped being intrested in me…
    Because when I got back home I started overthinking things and that usually fucks up the good vibe we had because in my mind I’m so focused on her but in reality I’m not.. Maybe I’m just not confident enough because I started overthinking things?

Now I hear that another girl from the trip started getting attracted to me but I don’t want her, I want the one particular girl. I heard from her friends that she likes muscular men which I am but she’s a very selective girl.

GS17
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 10:38 am #85146

A lot of men (mostly nerd) said to her that they were in love with her on text but she rejected them all and said she wanted to stay friends.

Now I got this idea in my mind to just take her apart when we’re with some friends and just kiss her to kind of break the ice and tell her I really like her… Would that come of as awkward or not?

FYI: She only has had one boyfriend and she’s single now for almost 2 years. I’ve had some girlfriends years ago but I’ve also been single for some years now.. We’re both 18 y/o
    Also, There are usually when we go out also a lot of girls around me and start hugging me but it’s never in a romantic way, those are usually just good friends that do that… Does that make her less attracted to me or what?

darbycrash
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 11:45 am #85241

I can’t really comment on your current situation because I’m not there. But generally speaking there is a window of opportunity when it comes to women you are interested in…and my suggestion is that you make a habit of making a move when you see that opening. Planning a first kiss with someone I think is bad move. Something like that is supposed to be done in a moment of passion. You cannot plan passion. Rather than being caught up in your own internal dialogue, have you thought of maybe sharing some of these thoughts with her? You don’t need to spill your guts…but for example, when she was complimenting your abs and your perfume, did you reciprocate? You can’t plan a compliment, because it’ll sound disingenuous…but you could, one of these times, just think out loud. You’ll make mistakes, and probably look silly a few times…but you’re young and it’s all part of the learning process. So my advice is quit overthinking and sort this shit out!

BMekaj
    Participant
    September 12, 2015 at 12:26 pm #85344

I would not just go out of the blue and kiss her. Kissing is supposed to be a loving passionate act. There is a reason that women consider kissing to be one of the most important parts of intimacy. So don’t do that, it might shock her or scare her away. Instead I would bring her aside or ask to meet up alone just the two of you so that you can talk to her and clarify your feelings.

anonymoose
    Participant
    September 13, 2015 at 7:54 pm #85352

Conversation is a better route than unexpected kissing. The movies occasionally get it wrong and like it’s been said above, it can sometimes scare a girl off. The road I would take it to arrange a time for you two to talk and get to the bottom of how the both of you are feeling. That gives you both a chance to say where you’re coming from and hopefully open a road for you two to move forward on together. Good Luck!

coolio486
    Participant
    September 13, 2015 at 9:16 pm #85355

Like everyone else said I would say that conversation is a lot better than staring at a movie screen for two hours or something similar. I would try and get her with you for a dinner or some other activity that requires you to interact. You want to get know more about her, and you want her to know more about you. Find her interests, the things you have in common and conversation flows from there, believe me. Just take it slow if you really have feelings for her, and if she feels the same way, things will develop. If not, cut your loses and move on, there’s many other women out there.

bruck
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 1:14 am #85360

Just ask her how she feels about you and be confident about yourself.