Should I keep going or give up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

chrisinindy
    Participant
    May 16, 2015 at 5:11 pm #79142

I’ve been dating someone for 7 weeks. In that time we’ve fallen in love, talked about the future, planned a trip to NYC together (June ’15) and seen each other 30+ times.

She was engaged to a guy she dated off/on 3 years. It ended in Oct ’14 b/c he lied about several things and cheated by doing a three-some with another couple. She does mention him a lot but I get that b/c it was a 3 year relationship and was a huge part of her (and her kids) life. He texted her last week to tell her he is dating and sleeping with someone new. She told me about the text the next day commenting like “Like I care, good for him”.

I’ve noticed she is a little more distant this past week. Last night I asked whats up and she admitted it bothers her but she’s not sure why. I told her I’m here and not going anywhere b/c I do love her.

I don’t feel she’ll go back. But, am I setting myself up for heartbreak? Should I do anything differently?

Thanks for any advice

Blondey
    Participant
    May 16, 2015 at 9:46 pm #79158

Hi:)

As a divorced Mum with children I can understand her mentioning her ex as it was a huge part of her life and they have children together. However I don’t understand why it would bother her if he is seeing somebody new and I also can’t understand why he would text her.

Having said that I don’t know their or your relationship and everyone is different but I def am telling you to be careful that your heart doesn’t get broken.
    My only advice would be that only you know your relationship and her and if you love her then you should trust her and that’s all you can do. You can never know for sure in any relationship what will happen in the future and if your happy then enjoy the moment just don’t put up with being a rebound from her ex though.

Good luck and take care.