Should I keep pursuing or let it go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mft3891
    Participant
    April 16, 2016 at 12:12 pm #98001

Week and a half ago, gorgeous girl on my co-ed team starts showing a lot of interest so I ask her out for a drink via text. She happily accepts. Incredibly, she gets picked for a jury on a trial that was in the news (i.e. not an excuse) same day we’re supposed to meet. She actually calls me (we never spoke on the phone before) and graciously explains the cancel.

Saw her next day (last Friday) for our game, she says the trial is emotionally brutal, ends up leaving without really saying goodbye to me. I’ve been contacting her once a week so I keep that up, I state clear plans if the trial ends, she responds the plan is “perfect.” Trial doesn’t end in time, can’t have the drink but texts me we’re having a drink “soon for sure.” I see her yesterday for the game, we talk on the bench a bit but she again leaves without saying goodbye to half the team.

This went from heavy interest to cooling off. Should I try one more time to make plans for a drink or leave it?

sandraleus
    Participant
    April 25, 2016 at 7:00 pm #98744

Try one more time, but wait a bit. Good luck but she isn’t as indicative as she should be.

Zacm
    Participant
    April 26, 2016 at 10:13 am #98790

I agree, try one more time and see what happens then. I think she might just be playing her cards close to her chest and doesn’t want to seem over eager. Try again, don’t give up on it so easily. If she likes you then see what the chemistry is like and you will be able to have a gut feeling about it.

Trinityalways
    Trinityalways
    Participant
    April 26, 2016 at 3:36 pm #98843

I just cant get over the Leaving without saying goodbye. Even if she is stressed over the trial and does not excuse her from being selfish( thinking of herself). You always as far as I know have reached out to her, I would defiantly let her come to you.