Should I keep seeing him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bunny96
    Participant
    November 26, 2017 at 9:23 pm #157387

So i met this guy a few weeks ago on tinder.. i know it has a bad rep but he seems like a decent guy.
    We get along well, and I mean there are still some awkward silences, but we’ve only gone out together 3 times.

Now, were both 21/22 and students, I don’t have a car, but he does. He lives about 30mins away from me, and has offered to pick me up each time when we go out. But the issue is that he always talks about being BROKE!! Always saying he has no money, on our third date he low-key mentioned how gas to my place and back is something to consider, being broke is his motto, blah blah blah. I’m no diva, but I don’t think it should be such an issue so soon..

I think I like him, and I enjoy talking to him otherwise. But its hard for me to get to him and I also do not have a money tree in my backyard. We’ve spilt bills and some food for the last 2 dates. I wanna at least feel special some of the time, but I also want to do that for him too. I don’t know….

Thoughts?? HELP

Yenisei
    Participant
    November 29, 2017 at 5:01 pm #157762

If someone is broke, they should tell you, but just saying “money is kind of tight right now” once should be enough. I would suggest framing it as neutrally as possible by asking what he would like to do on future dates and then giving him some feedback on that. I doubt he’s going to pay for you unless you make him aware that you want him to do it, at least some of the time. If you keep talking to him and going out on dates with him despite splitting the bill, he’s not going to be wondering if it bothers you- he will be blissfully unware. Try to steer him in the direction you want him to go.

malone24
    Participant
    November 30, 2017 at 1:17 pm #157897

If a man really see something in you don’t worry about.

ijoinedtinder
    Participant
    December 1, 2017 at 3:18 pm #158304

Keep seeing him if you like him – the money situation isn’t likely to change any time soon so you should either accept it or find someone with more money… It’s unfair to expect him to spend money on you that he doesn’t have