Should I let him go? Or see if there's a future?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jennarose613
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 3:46 pm #93876

So I’ve been talking to this guy, he’s a friend of one of my friends, so we have spent some time together. But we have been texting each other quite consistently for the past month. We have great conversations, I feel super comfortable around him and literally feel like I could tell him anything, we have an amazing connection.
    Our messages have always been somewhat “flirty” and recently we had a talk about what this all means, etc. There are clearly mutual feelings between us. The problem is, I just got out of a 5 year relationship and I need time (like a year or more!) I’ve explained that to him, and he respects that.

The problem is, I have this feeling that I may not good for him, I still have feelings for him, but I think that if we started seeing each other it wouldn’t work out and the last thing I want is to ruin our friendship and make it awkward because of our mutual friends.

jennarose613
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 3:47 pm #93877

CONTINUED:

I do really like him, and that’s the problem, I feel like I should stop these text messages but at the same time, I love them, I love talking with him. And I don’t want to stop them, which may be a selfish reason.

So I guess I’m asking what I should do?
    Should I tell him how I feel and that there may not be a future but more than friends between us and change the tone of our messages?
    Or should I see where it goes between us. Even though I need time, he said that we can be friends until I’m ready (although friends probably don’t text like we do), that is so long from now, so maybe I should just continue on and see what happens within the next year???

Thanks in advance! Any advice is helpful! 🙂

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 6:42 pm #93906

If you wait too long you’ll probably lose your opportunity. With that being said, you don’t want to rush thing especially if you just got out of a relationship. If he’s on board to keep it casual for now then by all means keep it casual, just realize that a relationship like that can’t sustain itself forever 🙂