Should I let this go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I let this go?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Uphill21
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 2:25 pm #106685
    Should I let this go?

I began dating a woman a couple of years ago. I found out she was married and had a young child and I foolishly continued along. She convinced me she was planning a divorce. Obviously that never happened. In addition to that she became less affectionate with me and refused to express feelings. Things really changed for me when she told me she was filing for divorce in March. Imagine my surprise when they bought a new home together. She apologized for hurting me and we agreed it was time to separate. We hoped to remain friends. She asked me to let her know when I meet someone and said I deserved someone that could be there for me. She felt she was toxic. I let her know I have been talking to someone and she responded angrily. She said some negative things about the woman she hasn’t met. She told me I was a liar because she doesn’t believe I told her the exact day I started the communication with the new woman. I don’t understand the hostility. Should we even try to be friends?

Luna
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 9:05 pm #106734

Hi,
    I think that both of you should take it easy and take separate roads for now. You guys were dating for years and even though she is married, people get attached to people. Especially when you are constantly seeing each other for a long period of time. For her it’s probably not easy too. She has to think about the other woman and her child. Her life would have changed completely and apparently she was not ready to let that go. But since she spent the last couple of years together with you as well, the chance of her developing deep feelings for you are pretty high. Hence her aggressive reaction to the new woman. In the end she chose her family over your relationship and you chose to move on. You guys should stay friendly, but stop seeing each other as friends. It is all obviously fresh and the wounds are not healed yet. Give yourselves time to heal. And when you both are ready to look at things objectively, you can try to rebuild a friendship, that will be sustainable. Good Luck! 🙂

Uphill21
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 8:42 am #106784

Thank you for the advice. I know you’re right. I definitely need some space from her, the guilt trip and the situation.

LumiBeNaughty
    Participant
    August 2, 2016 at 1:29 am #107118

It may seem almost impossible with your emotions but, you have to let it go…

ReneeL9
    Participant
    August 22, 2016 at 3:23 pm #109063

I agree…you need to let it go.