should I make a move? (me 23 F with 40 M)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • merill
    merill
    Participant
    October 31, 2016 at 3:06 pm #115904

hey DA, I need your detailed opinions…

I started going to a gym, which has this trainer (not in a relationship/40 y.o) who is cold towards everyone and strictly professional. He just, doesn’t like humans he has to interact I suppose. He keeps his distance from everyone and I even thought he hated me until two days ago.

I find this guy super sexy because of his body and uh, this particular personality trait. Recently, I started a conversation with him which included his passion for retro home decorations (which I also share) and he kind of lightened up. As we talked, topic lost its track and he revealed he found me very “down to earth” and “distinctively distanced” (I’m trying to translate from my native language to English here) and told me to keep that in me, as people nowadays are very deceptive and they try to hurt everyone.

I want to make a move towards him but the age gap is scaring me. I’d like a relationship with only sexual intentions but…

what do you think?

1977Gurrl
    Participant
    November 1, 2016 at 7:00 pm #116084

I say go for it! Date date date and then date some more at your age. I LOVE older men. 😉 It most likely won’t last at the ages you 2 are but you could both have fun in the meantime and learn from each other.

109ball02
    Participant
    November 4, 2016 at 11:32 am #116361

a relationship with only sexual intentions… So you want a fwb arrangement, not a relationship. Ok, so you are 23 he is 40. You find him attractive. You want it. So go for it then. Who cares about the age gap who cares about how he is as a person, of if it wont work, which probably wont given lots of things. Its sex, so flaunt it, and get it, then move on. I would just warn you, the more you do this, the harder its going to be to trust men in the future when you finally think you met ‘mr right’ and he might see you as a loose boundary emotional cannon who carelessly meets guys for flings (he will find out eventually, you know that right? lol) and you wont be able to leave the house without mr right be suspicious. I would say this is a perfect age to grow up and stop dipping your body around, but the decision is yours. If this is just sex, then you shouldn’t need much advice on here how to get it. Its a gym, everyone is sweating and looking at each other. Just get a number and wink

nursemom4
    Participant
    November 4, 2016 at 11:35 pm #116453

Age is just a number. I say go for it, and see where things go.