Should I make a move or not, mixed messages

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

leofcb
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 2:25 am #99971

I’m a little stuck on what to do with a coworker. I have known her for a couple of years and have always thought she was cute. Up until recently, I never really thought of pursuing her. She is single at the moment and is dating, but has been vocal in letting people know that she is interested in just having fun and being single.

Last year, I began hinting at my interest in her. I never came out and asked her out or told her I liked her. Instead, I would joke around and call her bae and things like that. At one point, she kind of got a little rude and told me to back up and give her space. I listened to her and figured she wasn’t interested. She ended up getting sad and thought I didn’t like her and that I was mad at her. I had to sit down and talk with her and told her that I distanced myself because of her rude reaction. She apologized, as did I and we remained cool.

Now, she has been looking absolutely stunning and my interest has flared up again.

leofcb
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 2:35 am #99972

Continued…

Meanwhile, my interest has flared up again and I have lost a great deal of weight and put on some muscle. I have been getting compliments left and right and feel very confident. And here is where the mixed signals come in…

She has been complimenting me on everything lately. She literally tells me about how good I smell almost everyday. And she notices when I put on Chapstick and makes remarks about my lips being glossy. She compliments me on my new clothing as well. And I have been joking around with her and finding myself in moments with her when we lock eyes for an extended period of time and smile at one another. Those extended glances were getting to me, so I started to hint at my interest inher again. I joke about marrying her and she goes along with it. But now she started telling me about another coworker that she jokes with. She seems interested in him, like I do her. But he has no interest in her.

leofcb
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 2:41 am #99973

Continued…

I walked in on them and she was trying to get cozy with him on the couch. That made me kind of fallback with her a bit. It kind of hit me that she doesn’t have any interest in me. But then, there she goes again with all of the compliments and eye-locking glances. I have stopped joking with her, but she still has to make it a point to always compliment me and get my attention.

I kind of have a feeling that she isn’t interested in me like I am in her, but she likes the attention that I give her and loves to just flirt.

Do you think there is any sliver of interest that she has in me or she just teasing?