Should I meet this man offline?

Author
    Comments
  • CleoKnows
    CleoKnows
    Participant
    April 12, 2013 at 3:48 pm #28508
    Should I meet this man offline?

I recently met a man who seems like a decent match. He has 3 adult children and a few grand kids that are the same age as mine. He’s retired and likes to restore old cars with his friends which is fine. The only thing I doubt is his literacy levels. He types a bit bizarre and we’ve spoken on the phone twice and he seems a bit out of tune.

Is it too judgmental to assume he isn’t smart enough? I don’t want to meet him for a date if I can’t hold an educated conversation with him.. Thank you.

GeorgeLucas
    Participant
    April 15, 2013 at 11:28 am #28734

Try going somewhere he’s a little familiar with. Sounds like he might be nervous. You can only see how it goes if you try it out. Don’t jump the gun, just be in a safe place and go somewhere with less pressure.

fancypants
    Participant
    April 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm #28951

I agree, he might be nervous. Ask him for recommendations of places and he may feel more relieved if it’s a place he’s comfortable with, like George said.

lookingaround
    lookingaround
    Participant
    April 17, 2013 at 6:36 pm #29041

I don’t think it’s very fair to jump to too many conclusions. We expect people to put everything on their profiles and we assume we already “know” them before we meet them. Therefore giving us high hopes for a first date. go in without too many expectations and enjoy the time. He may have a few tricks up his sleeve you might’ve never thought…

KentR
    Participant
    May 6, 2013 at 6:32 pm #30479

I agree with the last comment. Don’t go in jumping to conclusions. that’s the whole reason we go out on dates, it’s to filter people out and see if they’re a compatible match 🙂

Nancyboy
    Participant
    January 13, 2015 at 8:26 pm #70529

I’m with you on feeling uncomfortable that he might have a low literacy level, but all the responses I think were right–don’t jump to conclusions until you have a chance to talk with him in person. He might pleasantly surprise you.

Confounded478
    Confounded478
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 3:28 pm #86180

Try a phone conversation first; it will give you a good idea of his intelligence and comfort level in talking on different topics. Good luck.

vegasblaster
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 5:26 am #86451

I agree, trytalking on the phone first to see if there’s a connection. Don’t rely on texting.

zuzubots
    Participant
    April 18, 2017 at 6:53 pm #133604
    Reply To: Should I meet this man offline?

Go with your gut feeling. Most oft times a woman’s gut feeling is the best indicator.

Vicarstar
    Participant
    April 20, 2017 at 12:18 am #133752

Meet anybody offline is better than only message with this person only.
    You can see what kind of person is this people.

LizzyB
    Participant
    May 28, 2017 at 7:14 pm #137799

If you’re 100% sure he’s a decent person, I’d say go on a date. No compromises, just get a coffee as friends, and after that take a decision.

nobi
    nobi
    Participant
    May 29, 2017 at 1:44 am #137813

Of course you should meet him in reality first, then form your opinion.

alexander cabana
    alexander cabana
    Participant
    June 23, 2017 at 4:05 am #140414

Hey lady. You don’t have to go on a dating with him. If the man is well-educated & decent, you can feel and recognize him via online talking. So you should leave him & keep on a new relationship with a real decent man.
    Here, you are looking for a well-educated, decent, knowledgeable man who is smart and wisdom. Then you shouldn’t change your standards. All we know that an old man must be charming & mature who is the real well-educated.
    Here, I will introduce you a largest & most popular dating app for excellent, well-educated elites and attractive, perfect women. The soul purpose of this millionaire dating app is to connect with other attractive, like-minded individuals.
    Free download & register http://www.therichmatch.com