Should I message him? Help!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fairy0018
    Participant
    December 18, 2015 at 6:30 pm #90302

So basically Iv’e started chatting to a guy at work who’s in a different department to me, we have just caught each other around work or on our break, he’s a really sweet guy and we get on well…the thing is as we work in different bits its always by chance that we can chat! I’ve got him on Facebook, should I start chatting to him on there or just leave it? and if I do what’s a good way to start the conversation without looking too forward? so stuck on what to do!

Confusedgirl30
    Participant
    December 18, 2015 at 7:25 pm #90310

I would possibly think of something to do with work? Simple question then see how they reply back to you, make it friendly but not to formal, or if they mentioned they were going somewhere or doing something ask how it went, that’s how I would start it 🙂

Anonymous
    December 21, 2015 at 8:54 am #90308

Hi – if you’re on FB together anyway, then yes, you might as well message him. Send him a really casual message. If you don’t work on the weekend maybe say something like, “Hey, how’s it going? Excited for the sunshine this weekend!” If he’s interested he’ll hopefully ask you out. If he replies without asking a question back at you then he’s probably not interested and you don’t have to feel embarrassed about being rejected.

RobertB
    Participant
    December 21, 2015 at 5:12 pm #90389

Of course you should message him. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. There’s not much risk here, sure if he doesn’t reply then that’s just how it is unfortunately, but if he does you win! If you don’t message him you guys could be in this little ‘deadlock’ for quite some time. As far as subject goes, i agree with Aries’ post, its quite a smart topic.

fairy0018
    Participant
    December 22, 2015 at 12:56 pm #90423

Thanks for the advice guys! I messaged him last night and he was very chatty, I went to bed though so he said he’d speak to me today at work as we were both in all day! It was so busy though we didn’t really get a chance 🙁 do I carry on the Facebook convo this evening or wait for him to talk this time? considering he’s quite a shy guy…

Relationup
    Participant
    December 22, 2015 at 5:25 pm #90431

This is one of the most exciting and at the same time, nerve-racking parts of a new relationship. You want to reach out to him without coming across as too forward and its hard to balance those two. Carrying on the FB messaging is pretty harmless at this stage in the game, however I want to warn you to make sure that you don’t get “FB-Zoned”. This means that if you continue to message through FB only, you run the risk of not allowing the relationship to flourish organically on its own in the real world aka your work. I would encourage you to reach out again maybe once or twice through FB, but after that really make an attempt to chat at work. Come up with something funny that happens at work so you can share the same silly joke. Find out what makes your work silly and use this as a catalyst for your conversations together. Take a look at “The Office” for inspiration on work related running jokes. Be patient and this may turn into something really exciting! 🙂

mharu1819
    Participant
    December 23, 2015 at 11:53 am #90454

Yes! you should really go for it! but take your time to confess. don’t ended up like me. Good luck and YOU GO GIRL!