should I move on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

should I move on?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mrktman
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 5:45 pm #101238
    should I move on?

so I’ve been seeing this girl for a bit over a month, we met online and hung out on our first real date. The first time I saw her was at a museum, I think she liked me so I asked her out on a second date, I took her to the beach – we had a good time, i kissed her and asked her to be my gf. Moving forward I always initiated contact and she never once does. She also doesn’t like talking much to me about anything until I ask a few times.

She works nights and some hours during the day time too so she has been burnt out a lot. it started off good and I believe everything she says since she works hard and only has one day a week for me , then suddenly she said came out of nowhere while we were at a mall and said she lost her phone and bumped into her ex who bought her a brand new iphone. Everytime we make plans she seems like she’s interested via text but something always comes up (mother’s day with her mom, her friend’s mom died, this past weekend she got sick). what do you think?

mrktman
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 5:47 pm #101242

I also sent her many texts about my feelings and how I feel neglected, how she can spare at least 5 minutes to call me once in a while,
    I told her I feel like she’s not very serious and I am.
    I asked her twice to call me when she went up to celebrate Mother’s day in another state she never did, we only texted a few times here and there. I asked her to call me when she went up to see her friend and she never did once again.
    I asked why she wouldn’t ever call me and she says she’s busy all the time with work and cannot find time alone to do so.
    Today i stopped texting her the entire day, I got her a lot of nice things because I actually care over the past few weeks.

Now I don’t know, I’m serious but I need some advice. Should I just move on?

Louie97
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 9:32 pm #101273

I believe that no matter how busy we are we always make time for those who we deem as a priority. You seem like a reallly sweet person seeing that you constantly initiated conversation most of the time, wore your heart on your sleeve and did things to demonstrate that you care about her. sadly, i don’t think that she reciprocates your feelings on an equal basis and keeps making excuses to avoid you. So…my best advice to you would be to move on. Eventually you’ll find someone who shows you that they genuinely and sincerely care for you just as much as you care for them.

isabellaelaine
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 10:00 pm #101276

I would also say to move on because she doesn’t seem to have time for you in her life right now.

mrktman
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 1:04 pm #101299

thank you so much for the advice. I asked if she has time for me this week and this Sunday we can hopefully meet when she’s free to sit down and talk about all this one last time.

then I’ll end it nicely if nothing progresses.

GsGotAcrush
    GsGotAcrush
    Participant
    May 31, 2016 at 12:34 am #101635

I think this is a very one sided type of reI think this is a clear case of a one sided type of relationship. Sadly, it’s gonna be quite imposible to find someone who puts the exact same effort in keeping it like you do, but I have to agree with the ones who say that if she cares she’ll try to make time to meet.
    Do not force this thing to work if it already bothers you how she’s acting, maybe try to tell her you need to talk to her in person because there are things that you would like to ask her. Also, keeo in mind that the answers she may give you are not gonna be the ones you can hear, but maybe she’s got a reason that you guys can work out in the end.

Do what feels natural and if she resists, maybe she’s not worth trying and you need to move on.