Should I play hard to get or just keep asking her out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JohnShaunson
    Participant
    November 23, 2014 at 8:45 am #67984

I have been on a few dinner dates with a (somewhat) shy woman. I am usually the one who asks her out. The first two dates didn’t go well, the third date we cuddled/made out. I initiated most of the cuddling (it wasn’t super sexual) and I went in for the kiss. She seemed to enjoy the kiss and responded well to the cuddling. The fourth date was just dinner (she didn’t have time to do anything afterwords), and I did not kiss her goodnight or do any major contact. It seems like she wants to see me again and neither of us have set up a next date. For a little more context I am only available one or two days a week, and we haven’t had any conversations over the phone (other than to set up dates). It is difficult to get her to talk about any subject (even ones she is interested in) for more than a minute or two. 1. Should I ask her out or play hard to get? 2. Any tips on how to get her to open up more conversationally? 3. Any good date suggestions other than dinner/movie? Thanks everyone!

scintilla
    Participant
    November 24, 2014 at 9:33 am #67989

well , you should definitly ask her out , i am shy , and if a guy wouldnt ask me out again , i would start thinking its because he doesnt like me , and i did something wrong , and i wouldnt have the courage to text him ,
    location : if she doesnt open up easily cinema is a great choice , you can hold hands and cuddle , even make out , without having t talk too much , and after the movie just eat something , and then you have a subject to talk about : the movie ! ask her plenty of questions about the characters etc …

but i see you dont want to go for a movie 🙁
    so i would suggest a walk maybe ? or do something playful , i lobe it when guys suggest a playful date , like learning how to skate or something like that…
    let me know if i helped

Symfony
    Participant
    November 24, 2014 at 5:00 pm #68103

Ask her out, what the worst that can happen. And i also suggest taking a walk, movies are a horrible choice, you cant talk etc.

JohnShaunson
    Participant
    November 25, 2014 at 7:39 am #68133

Thanks scintilla, I really appreciate your perspective:). It’s not that I don’t want to do dinner/movie again, but I want to stay interesting to her, and it might come off as boring if I keep suggesting the same kind of date. I never thought of doing the movie before dinner, that does indeed add another point of conversation.

I think I will try the playful date this time around and ask her out. Thanks again Scintilla, and Symfony too.