Should I pursue

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I pursue

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Slightlyconfused
    Participant
    May 31, 2016 at 4:36 am #101646
    Should I pursue

Hi all

So I’ll give a little context first. Myself and my ex gf split about 4 months ago after a three year relationship. It was a bad breakup and hit me hard, but there’s no need to go into particulars.
    Anyway a few weeks ago I met a girl on a night out and got chatting and had a few kisses and also exchanged numbers. So after a while texting each other I asked her on a date, which went well over all and again she seemed interested in me.
    I followed up after a few days to see if we would meet again which she accepted but since then any thing I’ve suggested, she has had already made arrangements. So finally we agreed that I could meet her last Saturday while she was out with friends. We actually bumped into each other early that evening but she was with her mother and I was with a friend, so we all said hi and passed.
    So later when I text to meet up she replied that she had already gone home because I hadn’t text earlier. I suppose I didn’t want to be bothering her too mu,

Slightlyconfused
    Participant
    May 31, 2016 at 4:40 am #101647

Much when when out with friends. Since then we’ve been texting.
    The main question I have is that, do you think she may be playing games? Also I seem to have to suggest things to so or times and dates to meet up.
    I am planning on asking her out one last time on Saturday but don’t want to come across as too eager. Any advice is appreciated.

JarodOner
    JarodOner
    Participant
    June 1, 2016 at 12:46 am #101755

My wife was mad flakey when I first started talking to her and I literally just gave up and stopped responding to her texts/calls all together. She ended up hitting me up a few weeks later and I told her what I thought… that she either had a live-in boyfriend or was married (which wasn’t the case), but her sporadic texts and flakiness wasn’t flying with me.

Honestly man, it’s up to you on how much BS you can take. I can only get flaked on twice… once is like alright, life happens… twice it’s like, she’s not with it… three times I’m just a clown for even trying again, lol.

You’ll only come across “too eager” if you think you’re too eager. Persistence is KEY when you want something, straight up. Ask her out one more time and if she flakes, move on, sir.

Slightlyconfused
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 4:23 pm #104478

Hi lads

I thought I would post in this thread as it’s about the same girl. I’ll bring things up to date.

So since then we’ve been out a number of times and had a good time every time. I’m certainly physically attracted to her and I think she is to me. My concern is that when a girl is into me it is really obvious to me, with this girl it’s different. We have had sex so that would be an indicator that she finds me attractive.
    It just seems that I usually have to usually plan activities/dates and usually initiate texting to which she will respond. At this stage I suppose I almost feel like asking her straight out if she’s into me, because her actions don’t lead me to think that she is. It’s fine if she isn’t it’s just simething that’s starting to bug me. It’s like she’s keeping her guard up.

I probably should add that she lost one of her parents earlier in the year. One of her friends said that she does like me put one of her parents passing away might be a reason for her not

Slightlyconfused
    Participant
    July 6, 2016 at 9:31 am #104479

Letting loose.

She had mentioned to me previously that she had been on a lot of first dates and hasn’t had a relationship in along time.

I suppose at this stage I want to know what she wants from this. Is it possible that she’s still not sure what she wants?

Im not a fan of going on endless dates with nothing much else there. So dya this think should ask her straight out what she wants? And then make my mind up after that.

c24james
    Participant
    July 6, 2016 at 10:25 am #104501

She might be going through an emotional time in her life. I would try and get closer to her, if you haven’t already. Show her you actually care about her more than for sex and stuff. A lot of girls hold a guard up until they are convinced that the person that they are considering actually cares about them. If you are truly serious about this girl, next time your on a date with her tell her you really like her or give her your all. She might not know how to respond at the moment, but she will know how you feel and will eventually make up her mind. Goodluck

hammersticks
    Participant
    July 6, 2016 at 5:46 pm #104561

if she wants to spend time with you she will contact you.