Should I put up with this or get out now!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

loops
    Participant
    September 18, 2014 at 7:18 pm #62233

I have been dating a wonderful man for 2 months. We’re over 40. I have had 3 partners (2 cheated). I don’t date a lot. He is a workaholic. I am fine with this and know his time is limited. He canceled his online dating sub but was charged again (I know this is true -same thing happened to me).He now has a 6 month sub – and is online twice a day. he feels he paid for it and so he will use it. He asked me to cancel the recurrning payment in paypal for him which I did -doesn’t cancel his current one though. I don’t have active subscription and have said that I should put my profile back up -he said he doesn’t want me to. He says all the right things – he is looking for committed relationship, he wants me to meet family and friends, he is going to give me a key as I have to wait in my car when he is late from work. I don’t know what to do as I am feeling like Im a booty call now. I feel I need my profile back up to keep my options open – but I don’t want to go against his wishes either.

pumpkin
    Participant
    September 19, 2014 at 5:28 pm #62314

Hey loops. It sounds like he wants you there whenever he wants, but wants to go out and have his fun too. He needs to take his profile down or accept he will lose you

jbc1234
    Participant
    September 22, 2014 at 11:42 am #62346

I agree with pops66

lisa
    lisa
    Participant
    September 29, 2014 at 11:30 pm #65038

Usually, where there’s smoke, there’s fire, but sometimes, its just a burned roast. If he hasn’t cancelled his dating account, then that’s a HUGE RED FLAG. But if he hasn’t given you pause before, trust him for his word … for now. I don’t recommend reopening your dating account. It sounds like you are basically content with your relationship and are only thinking about reopening your account out of spite or fear of being left behind. Those aren’t good reasons to open an account. If you’re truly all in, ride out the relationship until he gives you a solid reason to end it, THEN reopen you account.

wafflestv
    Participant
    September 30, 2014 at 10:55 pm #65122

Agree with pops

amy92291
    Participant
    October 1, 2014 at 11:45 am #65169

it seems like he just wants to see you whenever he needs you. I suggest you tell him how you feel and then see how things go. if he really likes you, he will stay, and if not, then you know and won’t waste your time on someone who doesn’t even like you.

poppy1996
    Participant
    October 18, 2014 at 11:59 am #66157

Face him.tell him how you really feel. If he likes you,he’d do his best to make you happy.

lostintranslation
    Participant
    November 12, 2014 at 5:16 pm #67526

Google stalk his profile name from the dating site. I’m guessing it’s not the only site he is on. Sorry.

kiki2009
    Participant
    November 14, 2014 at 9:43 pm #67601

the fact that he isnt taking that other one down says that MAYBE yes he is happy with you but is still looking. Show him that he can lose you and then you will see whether he actually cares or not. In all reality of the situation if he wants to be with you he will take it down if it makes you happy shouldnt be a big deal if he isnt even using it..

Raven99
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 6:55 am #68394
    Reply To: Should I put up with this or get out now!

I think if he was really interested in a committed relationship with you, then he wouldn’t have to use the dating site. Sounds like he wants to keep his options open