Should I reach out or let him come to me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

confusedandinlove24
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 6:12 pm #158762

I started talking to a guy I work with, we got extremely close and we became best friends. One night we were hanging out and had sex this continued on for months. We talk EVERY single day for hours on the phone til we see each other at work and we hang out all the time. No one from work knows about our extra curricular activities only that we’re friends. Yesterday I posted on my Snapchat that I can’t lose the feelings I have and when he asked what I was talking about I told him I couldn’t tell him. He got upset but we were at work I got off before him he texted me and called when he got off but I was sleep so I didn’t answer or respond. By the time that I woke up he had deleted me off Snapchat and Facebook not sure if he blocked me on his phone or not but I’m wondering if I should reach out or let him come to me? If so what should I say to him?

Oh Boy!!
    Participant
    December 5, 2017 at 9:36 am #159033

If you two are so close then why couldn’t you tell him what your snap meant? He may be overreacting a little but he obviously feels a little hurt, insulted or that you are hiding something from him. Reach out, what will it hurt.

confusedandinlove24
    Participant
    December 5, 2017 at 4:24 pm #159142

I didn’t tell him what my snap meant because it was about me having feelings for him more than friends

siinoevil
    siinoevil
    Participant
    December 5, 2017 at 8:20 pm #159168

You should reach out to him and Apologise. Why would the fact that you like him more than friends be an issue? You’re already intimate with him, and unless you directly established that it was strictly FWB, there should be no restraint from admitting feelings. Relationships don’t succeed without communication, and from what I understand, it seems like you both liked each other more than just friends.

Do YOU not want to go further than FWB? I don’t understand why you can’t confess.

Either way, discussing what exactly was misunderstood between you two will help. Whether that means you continue as you were, start dating, or stop talking, it is a resolution to the issue.

Dx1991
    Participant
    December 7, 2017 at 8:57 am #159316

He sounds super immature, I say cut your losses. Honestly, if you like him.. Let him reach out to you. He seriously overreacted.. Seriously.

ninja
    Participant
    December 9, 2017 at 12:51 pm #159584

Reach out to him

happyguy
    Participant
    December 10, 2017 at 11:43 pm #159618

It feels like he is not serious with you, because its just a simple thing and just like that he delete you in social media. oh thats make sense!

waxman.
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 2:21 am #159622

I would say try and atleast reach out to him