DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I reach out or wait?

Author
    Comments

• Corry9977
    Participant
    September 30, 2016 at 4:08 pm #112888
    Should I reach out or wait?

So last Friday this girl reached out to me on the dating app I’m using. We talked for a while and it really seemed like she was interested in me (she liked my personality, thought I was handsome etc.). Eventually I asked her out on a date but I didn’t hear from her until Tuesday this week. She apologized and told me she was busy with school and work but wanted to go out with me and even gave me her phone number and said I could text her. About an hour later I sent her a text with some days we could go out.
    It’s now Friday and I haven’t heard back from her. She hasn’t logged in to the dating app since we last talked and didn’t read my last message so I don’t think she’s ignoring it. We also both have iphones and it said she hasn’t read it yet (I’m 99.9% sure she didn’t give me a fake number by the way).
    So my question is, should I wait for her to reply or should I try contacting her again?

Corry9977
    Participant
    September 30, 2016 at 4:08 pm #112889

I’m looking forward to meeting her and she seemed eager to meet me as well but it’s been 3 days and I’m kind of nervous.

I don’t think she would just up and ignore me because she seemed interested in me and she did seem legitimately busy, but then again we just barely met. I just don’t want to come off as pushy or impatient by contacting her again too soon. And if I do contact her again, should I send another text or just call? She didn’t say in the message to give her a call so I’m not sure if that’s the right course of action.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

greenvold
    Participant
    October 1, 2016 at 12:41 pm #112904

Just leave it for a while. If you dont give a damn she will be confused and will call you sooner or later. Go and focus on youself and you will see.

Santiago
    Santiago
    Participant
    October 1, 2016 at 7:25 pm #112915

Don’t call. She’s already ignoring you, no matter how much you’d like to think otherwise. Don’t contact her again. Wait for her reply.

When you ask her out – in 2016 – you put a lot of pressure. Better next time: Hey I’m going to this place for some drinks with a few friends ( especially if they are female friends) and see how she reacts to that. Being with more females is a potent attraction trigger for women.

The other thing is that you gave her options for the date, you gave all the power to her. She’s the one calling the shots.

We want her chasing YOU. Next time: Is Tuesday 6pm good for you? and if it isn’t … you say to her: last chance, Thursday 7pm. And if she’s not willing, move on.

Also, you are WAY too into this girl. You are checking if she sees your messages, and that only makes you get more attached to your outcome, which is the date. Don’t do it.

Have Fun

lolo1992
    lolo1992
    Participant
    October 2, 2016 at 4:45 am #112923

I think she maybe met someone. There is nothing you can do about it, if you don’t know her it is easier to just let it go. Go and live your life! Maybe she will come back to you. Maybe not. It doesn’t matter, there are a lot of girls out there : single and waiting to meet somebody. Good luck!

ThatOneGuy18
    Participant
    October 2, 2016 at 12:33 pm #112934

Wait, time always tells. Give it at least 4 more days

Fitness2198
    Participant
    October 3, 2016 at 1:00 am #112962

Give it time. You do not want to seem needy. If time passes by and she does not text you. Just message her.

TnekKralc
    Participant
    October 8, 2016 at 7:14 am #113514

I always make the mistake of sending follow up texts. It never works. Wait it out and if she chooses not to respond simply move on. It sucks but it happens

October 8, 2016 at 9:03 am #113515

Hi Corry – I’m a firm believer that if someone wants to see you and be with you, they’ll really make the effort. You seem like a genuine and sweet guy. I would start pursuing other options and not let this one string you around.