Should I regain his respect or is it too late

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kristalk88
    Participant
    September 8, 2013 at 5:07 pm #38404

I’ve been hanging out with this guy off and on for a few months now. I met this guy at my work. He comes into my work twice a week and so we’ve kinda gotten to know each other a little bit from his frequent visits into my work. After giving him my number, he was pretty quick to turn things into sex. I’m the type of girl that’s too nice for my own good and I give into peoples wants very easily and so of course I gave in to this guy, a few times, actually.. I’m so crazy for this guy, it’s ridiculous and I don’t think I’ve ever been this crazy over someone before. My co-worker who knew this guy several years before she worked there, says that he was married a few years ago for a couple years to a woman who kept cheating on him and so now he’s kinda damaged and thinks women only want sex from him or something. knowing this about his marriage changes my prospective on him and hopefully his intentions, also I like the challenge of damaged guys because it feels good to help them change. I want to be honest and tell him how I feel and set up boundaries, but I want to be able to ease it into a conversation and not sound needy or anything like that. He’s a busy guy, he works at 3 different places plus goes to martial art classes once a week. He’s going to be presented a different belt rank this Wednesday and I think it’d be fun to see him fight, I’m interested in his hobbies, also it’d be cool to see him get this belt. We hung out yesterday and I was thinking of shooting him a random text tomorrow or the next day saying something like “hey, it was really nice seeing you on Sunday. Good luck with your martial arts tomorrow. Let me know how it goes” and then just hope the conversation carries on and maybe he’ll invite me to his martial arts thing and then in person bring up the boundaries thing because I think it’s too big of a thing to bring up in text even though text is easier for me. If I end up being too chicken to bring that up in person should I send a text that says something like “hey I’m glad to finally have done something with you that didn’t involve sex.” I just don’t know what to do, I’m shy and I want boundaries for myself. I need advice and suggestions on how to go about this guy. Oh and maybe this makes a difference, he’s 35 and I’m 25. He has no kids and well I love that he’s older with 0 kids because that can be hard to find, especially in the state that I live in.

OsBride
    OsBride
    Participant
    September 9, 2013 at 4:48 am #38407

Well, My advice is you can start relationship with him with the question you have and batter if you can ask all question direct to him and do once you decision came to live him than make sure you wont leave him because he faced cheated once. Best of luck..

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:17 pm #39294

Check out this article:
    http://www.datingadvice.com/for-women/how-to-spot-a-bad-boy

Bad boys don’t change. If you tell him you want boundaries, maybe he will respect that. Probably not though, so you’re better off letting this guy go.

yobitch
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:33 pm #39320

to be honest i can be a bad boy myself but i don’t do it to hurt women i just think its fun it’s nothing personal. plus guys like when girls make the move so just text him that you want to go to the marital arts thing. it’s not as Scary as it seems