Should I risk and ask her out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

George4440
    Participant
    April 30, 2014 at 2:24 pm #52049

I’m 19 and I never had time for dating. I’m an art student and I have a crush on a girl in my class. We are friends but we are not too close. One day when I arrived at Academy I noticed that me and her were the only two people from our class present. I started the conversation. We talked about our grades, but later we pretty much covered every subject you could talk about on a first date. She laughed at all my jokes. We share moments trough out the day. For example today she complimented me on my assignment. Later I was sitting in art class drawing, and she approached me from behind, put her hands on my shoulders and said “nice work”. Once she even complimented my hair cut. These can be friendly gestures, but are they really? I think she’s aware of my personality traits and she likes them, but I don’t know if she likes me enough to date me. If I risk and ask her out and she says no, I’ll have to spend next 2 years in awkwardness. Part of me that is almost sure that I will fail.

Fritz
    Participant
    May 2, 2014 at 1:20 am #52125

I know how you feel. The logical thing to do would be to ask her out. What is she worth to you? If you never ask her you will never know what she is thinking. I find myself in a near identical situation as you. Would asking her out make you feel any better? You might get the answer you are looking for or you might not. In the end if you do ask her you will have an answer and you won’t have to feel anxious and uncomfortable. Would you rather know or not know and regret it? In my case I would like to know, but I lost my chance today to ask her. I want to ask her out tomorrow, but I am not sure how under the circumstances. This is my first time posting here so I apologize for not being much help. I just said what I would like to hear someone say to me to help me find the courage [the issue at hand] to ask her and get this question out of my head for better or worse. You are not along…I don’t know what I will do, but I have to find a way to do so by tomorrow.

joshla
    Participant
    May 3, 2014 at 6:22 am #52148

To be honest if it were me I would just go for it it sounds like she likes you
    the worst that can happen is she’ll say no but at least she’ll know your intentions
    which I think is better just be straight forward its just a girl you got nothing to loose
    Even if she says no its not that awkward I’ve been there before

Angelic12416
    Participant
    May 3, 2014 at 8:51 am #52150

I agree. I’d say take the chance, the worst she can say is no, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be awkward. I’m the type of person that likes to know no matter what the answer is, but I realize not everybody is like me lol. I’d def say take the chance 🙂

CinemaFan1987
    Participant
    May 3, 2014 at 6:27 pm #52153

Ask her out man. The heart wants what it wants and the mind takes what it can get. If she says no it will hurt and things will become awkward for a time. But that time will pass and you will feel better and quite possibly remain friends or at least on friendly terms.

rollover41
    Participant
    May 4, 2014 at 11:09 am #52159

Go ahead and ask her out man. Remember you’re not losing anything. It’s not even a risked. The only way to know if she’s really interested in you is to ask her out. If she’s accepted and then great – you’re in. It’d say she have some kind of interest in you. No girl would go out with guys their not interested in.

You can try her out for drink. That’d be easier first date, no pressure. Invite her like, says something like “I know a really good [anything] down the road. They make the best [anything]. We’d check it out. Let me know which day’s best for you then we can schedule it up.”

And then again, like I mentioned earlier. You’d wouldn’t lose a thing. Thing of it this way… you’ve nothing to lose to begin with. I’d rather go out and fail and experiencing dating many girls than winding up worrying about this one girl. There’s plenty of fish in the sea.

anabell
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 8:43 am #52054

If you are really interested in this girl I think you should definitely ask her out on a date. I feel that if you wait too long you will fall into the friend zone and you do NOT want that! Lol I totally understand how you might be afraid that it will be awkward if she says no so you should ask her in a casual way! Don’t make it weird and be confident!

has887
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 4:43 pm #52224

Just do it … Worst happens she says no never become friends first

tramblin344
    Participant
    May 7, 2014 at 11:39 am #52357

If you never ask, you’ll never know. Then you will spend the rest of your life wondering what if. Id say go for it, if she says no only you can make it awkward. Just play it off and just act as it never happened. My main point is if you don’t ask you will kick yourself for never knowing.

Anonymous
    May 30, 2014 at 12:09 am #54089
    Reply To: Should I risk and ask her out?

Remove that awkwardness in you, be bubbly and be yourself, everything will come out naturally!

agieluma
    Participant
    May 30, 2014 at 2:39 pm #54146

You never know until you ask her out

ConfusedDoof
    Participant
    June 1, 2014 at 12:59 am #54178

Just go for it man it’s won’t be the end of the world if she says no. In the unlikely event that she DOES say no, you can just say something witty like “Well, it was worth a try” and smile and continue your friendship. That would be the best way to do it.

pensfan123
    Participant
    June 1, 2014 at 9:20 pm #54184

Go for it.