Should I stay with my bf?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

wpngrl
    Participant
    October 11, 2015 at 7:30 pm #86776

Ive been dating this guy for years. A couple years ago he took a job ware he travels all week, and is only home on Saturdays and Sundays. And I work every other weekend, so I really only see him 1-2 days a week. It sucks because Im pretty lonely and wish he was around more. I really love him, but its hard being with someone who isn’t around. Ive also got a daughter who is 10 and he sees her maybe 2 days a month as well, so itd be nice to find someone to be there for her to (her dads a deadbeat and isn’t in the picture). She really likes him to, hes known her since she was little, but he just isn’t around for either of us as much as wish. Do I stay with him or try to move on?

Juliette93
    Participant
    October 13, 2015 at 8:48 am #86826

That’s tough because you’ve obviously invested so much time with him. Where does he stand in the relationship?

Anonymous
    October 14, 2015 at 7:32 am #86868

Have you spoken to him about it? Is there a way he can find another job for the sake of your relationship?

ginger237
    Participant
    October 15, 2015 at 1:22 am #86900

You just answered your own question. It would be nice to find someone to be there.

fischer
    Participant
    October 18, 2015 at 9:58 pm #87031

Although it would be nice to find someone who is there, do you care about him? Is he worth the time and effort? Is his position a permanent job, or will this schedule eventually change. It would be difficult to leave him and then a month later he has time for you and your daughter. It depends on how much you want to throw away.

msmith0741
    Participant
    October 22, 2015 at 5:44 am #87181

You’ve obviously invested a lot of time into this man, and you’ve let him into your family, he is well acquainted with your daughter, is someone you can trust, and most importantly is someone that you love. Long distance can be tough but you need to weigh out the positives and negatives to see if this is worth it. I am sure you are trying to find ways to stay more in touch because you obviously don’t want to leave him, especially after all this time. So I recommend talking to him about your feelings, getting his opinion on it and looking into you all trying to re adjust your schedules so it’s better for all of you, in addition, have you looked into Skype or FaceTime? I understand it will never be the same as being in person but it beats just a phone call sometimes and it’s wonderful to see their face! Give it all a shot, I wish you the best of luck 🙂