should I stop contacting and hanging out with the girl I have feelings for?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Drake619
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 6:00 pm #83062

I’ve known her for more than a year now. She was my lab partner for two semesters and we’ve hung out a couple of times for coffee and lunch. She’s beautiful, has a great personality and she’s not afraid to express her true self. Unfortunately, she has a boyfriend, but lately I get the vibe that she may have feelings for me. I mean she started touching my arm, she laughs at all my jokes, she seemed happy around me and recently on both occasions after we completed our exams and when I dropped her off to her car after our hang out, we hugged and they were full frontal hugs. I know she does not hug other guys besides her boyfriend. We won’t be together this semester, we promised to stay in touch and even catch up again. I haven’t text her for a week now because I’m thinking of cutting off contact and moving on but I don’t want to since we have a good relationship. So what is the best thing to do according to you?
    1.) No more contact
    2.) stay in touch and hang out once a while.

zach94
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 9:14 pm #83063

First are you in high school or college? It also really depends on how you see things with her. Think big picture, is this someone you can see you spend your life with? (Because the effort you’ll have to put in will be easier if you do). If you see a future in her, even if it’s not forever or whatever, then go for it. But don’t let your heart fool you. I had a chick like that I was chasing for 3 years. She had a boyfriend and always showed interest in me like that. I basically was her 2nd boyfriend without sex. But it sounds like she’s not like that. One thing to also think about is if she just sees you as a really good friend. Do you hold hands with her at any time? Have you ever kissed her or at least tried? She might be flirty but be shy about it