Should I Talk to Him or Wait for Him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:26 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tgg
    Participant
    February 4, 2016 at 10:10 pm #92974

​Hey guys, so I’m wondering if I should “make a move” for lack of a better phrase.
    I met this guy last year at the end of May right before the semester ended through a mutual friend. We started talking/texting and about the middle of june went on a date. We met at a coffee shop and the first thing out of his mouth after I ordered a drink was that his pet died. I apologized and we still proceeded with the date. It was our first meeting face to face though so it was a bit awkward just cause I had never been on a date before and well he had told me his pet died and insisted on staying after I told him we could reschedule, i guess he felt obligated since we had gotten rained out of the first time we had tried to meet up. I felt like it went ok but i have no other gauge because i hadn’t been on an official date (lol). We walked around the shop and he showed me some art his deceased good friend had made at the shop and after we walked out we hugged and agreed to “do this again sometime”…

tgg
    Participant
    February 4, 2016 at 10:11 pm #92975

(Continued) We texted a couple of days after the date, i left him alone thinking that he would want the space seeing that his family pet just died. we texted a little but it fizzled out around the beginning of july.
    School started up again and we ran into each other on our ways to class. We noticed each other, and he looked like we wanted to come say something to me but I was with a girlfriend and I think he was too nervous to come up to with my friend so close. I waved hello to him though and shortly after he shot me a few texts. Add another few weeks of silence and a few random texts. and then this semester came up and now we have art class together. We’ve talked a tiny bit, but I’m afraid he might think that my gay friend is my boyfriend. I just carpool with my gay friend but he’s very touchy feely toward me and sort of made it a point to say very loudly that we ride together and are close.

tgg
    Participant
    February 5, 2016 at 9:03 am #92976

(Cont.)He is protective of me I guess even though I’ve told him that the guy I’m interested in was in class with us. My gay friend doesn’t seem stereotypically “gay” right off the bat though and idk if he knows but he’s been acting different in that class ever since I told him the guy I like is in there. Me and guy I went on the date on are only two easels apart, one person and my gay friend in between he and I, I made a move to go to the easle right next to him when the girl that was next to him moved and we sorta flirted a little bit, but nothing major, just little things. I also haven’t heard anything from him yet since class started, and it’s been a couple weeks.

Should I text him or start a convo? And if so how what could I say? We haven’t talked in a while and I feel like my gay friend might accidently get in the way with/with out meaning to? Idk should i talk to him?

(Sorry for the long passage; I just wanted to give detail to maybe help yall help me hehe)

lilyvalley
    Participant
    February 5, 2016 at 5:32 pm #93043

Wait for him to message you to find out if he’s interested in you. Don’t chase a guy can you please answer mine.

Bees Nees
    Participant
    February 7, 2016 at 3:52 pm #93123

I would say the opposite. You have to understand some guys aren’t big texters, or very good at it. For example myself, good luck getting a text let alone a good texting conversation from me, I hate texting.

As for the texting fizzing out, the reason it fizzled out is because you left it alone, which isn’t your fault as you were trying to be considerate. When you left him alone, he more then likely thought you weren’t interested. You have to understand something here, his dog DIED, but he still showed up. When I put my dog down, I was a mess and the only way I’d go on a date at that point is if she was someone I was incredibly interested in.
    Push your protective friend out of the way, and go and start a convo with this guy. As for what you should say, bring up his passed away dog, it’ll show you remember and that you care. Say that you felt he needed space which is why you didn’t really text him, but if you’re interested let’s go to (place) and catch up.
    There’s your opening.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    February 8, 2016 at 9:31 am #93084

can you answer mine please

Harry
    Participant
    February 10, 2016 at 11:16 am #93271

Normally guys like having alone time and half the time it maybe just doing nothing or doing something random. Maybe you could try “Good Reminder Text Technique”. Send him something like… “Hey, just had a chocolate milkshake from (name). Reminded me of our (x date), where you took me and we had such a great time together! Maybe we could do it again… :p”