Should I tell???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I tell???

Author
    Comments

• Anonymous
    September 16, 2016 at 12:03 pm #111652
    Should I tell???

I’ve been married for the past 5 years. Recently my wife and I have been going to counseling to deal with some trust issues. Our counseling sessions have brought up some regrets I have in my distant past. I was, “the other man” with a girl in high school. She had a boyfriend from a different school so it made our hookups easy to hide. The two broke up and then several months later she died tragically in a car accident. Ever since then I have had a compelling desire to tell her ex-boyfriend about our cheating. Until recently I’ve had no way of reaching out to her ex. He popped up as a “friend suggestion” on facebook. Should I tell her high school ex about our cheating? I fee like doing so would help me to move forward with my relationship with my wife (and perhaps help him to move forward with his life as well).

Coconutty
    Coconutty
    Participant
    September 16, 2016 at 5:21 pm #111727

Wow i certainly dont think you should tell the ex because he had to grieve the loss of her life and this would just ruin his happy thoughts of her. It doesnt hurt him to not know. As for telling your wife… i feel like you should be able to be yourself completely with your wife good or bad and trust her to rely on her in life. Tell her. Explain how it makes you feel. Let her support you.

audreyep89
    Participant
    September 26, 2016 at 9:59 pm #112542

no, i dont think u should bring that up. she is dead now and all ur gonna do it make someone feel more pain than he already has. sometimes u got to know when ur gonna do more damage than good. i hope its all out of good intent but i cant understand why u would even think about telling him.. can u imagine how he would feel after she is dead and gone… to be mad and upset at someone who is dead…. dont do that… just let it go, ppl make mystakes

1stworldview00
    1stworldview00
    Participant
    September 27, 2016 at 8:13 am #112551

I think you better tell , It would make you feel better .