Should I tell her I like her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cooldude
    Participant
    November 24, 2013 at 12:13 am #43344

There’s this girl I really like and I’m ready to go up and talk to her. Now, normally when I like a girl and I talk to her for the first time I never reveal my feelings for her and talk about whatever just trying to be cool and fun. That’s not my style but some say that’s what woman don’t like men that just directly tell them they like them. I’m a straight forward, honest guy and say what I feel. I’ve never told a woman how that I have feelings for her, like her, of that sorts. Which is my style. So, should I tell her how I feel towards her? If so how should I say it?

jrmmp87
    Participant
    November 25, 2013 at 6:07 pm #43466

Ready to go up and talk to her? Have you ever talked to her in the past like casually?

thisguy1
    Participant
    November 25, 2013 at 8:07 pm #43500

Hi

Anonymous
    November 26, 2013 at 12:30 pm #43539

Don’t tell her you like her. Just talk to her casually first and try to invite her somewhere.. As long as she senses you are somewhat interested but not desperate, you are good.

Definitely go up to her though. There is nothing worse than regret.

PaulineRhodes
    Participant
    December 4, 2013 at 2:46 pm #43921

Everyone talks about playing it safe, or not revealing your feelings or intent. Do you really believe women like guys who are indecisive? Everything I have studied, observed, and experienced tells me that women prefer men who are confident and bold. You might get told no, but if you act confidently your odds of getting a yes, or building interest skyrocket.

If I was in your shoes, I would just walk up to her and make a simple comment like this, “I like your personality and your style. I would enjoy going out for coffee and getting to know you a little better.” The worst thing that can happen is you get a simple no and let her know you are interested. Remember, a no today is not always a no forever.

gerpaci
    Participant
    December 10, 2013 at 4:11 pm #44352

tell her how you feel. otherwise youll never know for sure. not knowing is the worst

lisa992
    Participant
    December 10, 2013 at 11:29 pm #44401

you should always go up to a girl and tell her how you feel…

confused
    Participant
    December 11, 2013 at 12:08 am #44407

Be friends first, then make your way up, but make your intentions clear soon!

Taylor
    Participant
    December 13, 2013 at 6:08 am #44509

No matter what you may think your style is, or how flattering you think it may sound to tell a girl that you like her. Chances are if you do, she will be running for the hills. Men have a big problem with showering women with their feelings too soon giving an impression that they are well, wusses. It is a major turn off to girls when guys are so easy like that. Women like men who are mysterious, that get their attention,and make them all giddy and excited to see and talk to you because they never know what to expect. And One of those things girls think about alot is ”does he like me?” or “i wonder if he likes me as much as i like him” if you straught up tell her that at the get go, you will be taking away all the fun from her and most likely spoil the fun for your self as well. So my advice to you is, no dont tell her. Keep cool. Be nice, charming, polite, mysterious, fun and exciting. If you do all those things most likely she will be the one telling you that she likes you later.

fothemoe
    Participant
    December 13, 2013 at 6:44 pm #44541
    Reply To: Should I tell her I like her?

yes

Anonymous
    December 14, 2013 at 12:29 pm #44552

tell her!

Crow
    Participant
    December 14, 2013 at 5:20 pm #44560

try to talk about it casually first. good luck

Anonymous
    December 15, 2013 at 4:25 am #44566

Tell her

Shyguy
    Participant
    December 16, 2013 at 9:11 pm #44681

If you’re ready to talk to her, then take the mid-way. Sure chat her up a bit and set the mood of good spirits and being friendly, but don’t hesitate to ask her on a date, either.

Mimi94
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:25 pm #44542

As a woman, I can tell you she would definitely prefer to know up front. Don’t be weird and like profess your undying love or something. lol Just walk up, start a conversation and be yourself. No gameplaying or trying to be “cool’. We HATE that. After a few casual conversations, tell her you think she’s really cute and would like to take her out sometime. Trust me, women prefer a direct man! It’s the manliest thing I can think of! 🙂 Good luck 🙂