Should I text again?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I text again?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 11:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Em100
    Participant
    July 24, 2017 at 6:32 pm #143036
    Should I text again?

So..there’s this guy that I really like. He goes to the same college but I never see him.Here’s the catch..our families are really good friends and his little sister is best friends with my sister. lots of pressure! Anyway, we had never really talked before except briefly at church, etc. so I decided to “accidentally” snapchat him about a week ago. Basically, I purposely sent him a snapchat and made it seem like it accidentally hit the wrong person to send it to. So, we started talking through snapchat and had a really nice and talkative conversation. After a while I decided to let him go and said “Hopefully we’ll talk again soon!” and he said “definitely! always a treat talkin to you.” It’s now a week later and he still hasn’t contacted me. I know for a fact his parents want us to date based on things his mom has told my mom, so idk if that’s holding him back or if he was just being polite and responding and he doesn’t like me. hes shy around girls, but still..should I text him again?

chrisprat
    Participant
    July 25, 2017 at 5:00 am #143046

As long as you arnt double texting you can send the text anytime you like just say hi and wait for a response…. he could be thinking the same thing or maybe figured you snapped him on mistake and continued the conversation because “you” were being polite lol

The hole when should you text thing is so stupid because if someone likes you the faster you text them the happier they are..

luvgoldens
    luvgoldens
    Participant
    July 25, 2017 at 10:40 am #143039

Are you sure he doesn’t have girlfriend? Maybe try to run into him agsin?

masl
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 7:42 pm #143745

That guy kind of reminds me of myself. If someone starts a conversation with me I’m happy to engage but actually starting it myself can be very difficult, especially if I don’t know the other person well, which seems to be his case too. Also, like chrisprat said, he could still be thinking your snapchat was a genuine mistake. Guys who are “shy around girls” don’t just make the assumption that you’re totally into them after one conversation. Sometimes not even after many. They’ll just think they’re imagining things. I would know! Long story short: If you’re willing to invest in this guy you should send him another clue (or maybe even two). Just a normal text, saying hi and making it clear you meant it when you said “Hopefully we’ll talk again soon!”.

j9550550
    Participant
    August 1, 2017 at 10:59 am #143760

Why not just give a phone call. Why a text. Call him and see how he is doing, how his day was, etc. Real casual, maybe think of being friends first. Not think about the dating thing or pressure from family.

j9550550
    Participant
    August 1, 2017 at 11:00 am #143761

Why don’t you put the pressure aside and try and be friends. Just call him and see how he is doing. How his day was. Very casual.

Blueskies48
    Participant
    August 2, 2017 at 10:50 am #143993

I agree with j9550550

Allball
    Participant
    August 2, 2017 at 10:42 pm #144112

Maybe give him some time

highschoollove
    Participant
    August 3, 2017 at 11:54 pm #144267

I think if you feel the need to text him it really shouldn’t be an issue. Maybe Snapchat him casually something you’re doing, like making a bowl of cereal and see if he replies because maybe he is just nervous. OR maybe he may think it would be weird to talk to you in that way because you guys are such close family friends you know? hopefully this helps :}

imamystery23
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 7:36 pm #144549
    Reply To: Should I text again?

I’d go for it because I know a lot of men forget or are too nervous to make the first move. Go get him!!!

imamystery23
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 7:37 pm #144550

I’d go for it because I know a lot of men forget or are too nervous to make the first move. It’s better to find out how he feels than to miss your oppertunity

LyonsKing16
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 8:48 am #144564

Maybe he wants to talk to you but does not know how to go about it. I would text him, it will show that you are interested and make him feel more comfortable and confident with you.

kaskadedeadmau5
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 11:47 am #144611

As long as he’s single it’s worth a try! Text Him once though not twice:)!