Should I text her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I text her?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 10:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sinister
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 1:19 pm #141731
    Should I text her?

Hey,

first of all sry for bad english im from austria.
    I’m still a virgin so I’m really bad at this kinda stuff…
    I was out partying at a club with some friends the other night. A friend of mine brought an school friend of his, I’ll just name her Jessica
    (oh and I’m in collage btw). So Jessica and I havn’t been really talking to eachother.
    But then as we were at a club and a few of us had left, she came to me and started flirting.Then she “dragged” me to a quieter floor, I started thinking.
    She said that she likes me alot and grabbed my neck and kissed me (I noticed her being really drunk). So we continued making out for a while until she asked me if i would want to go somewhere else. Even I knew what that meant. I stuttered and declined respectfully (I kinda felt like a would take advantage of her). She wanted to exchange numbers (although she leaves town the next day). A part of me regrets turning her down (dont wanna be a virgin forever). Do you think I should call her?

Professor Byzantine
    Professor Byzantine
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 3:20 pm #141757

Call her if you like her. Don’t call her if you’re expecting a second chance to have sex. I’ve been done this road when you go out with a girl thinking you’re going to get lucky. You’ll only make yourself feel awful. I lost my virginity to a girl I don’t remember on my best friends sofa without being drunk. You won’t be a virgin forever, but you have a choice to remember better who you loose it to. Call her, see what she’s like without being drunk and if it doesn’t workout you’re better off. Don’t be afraid to talk to girls. Be kind, respectful, listen, show you’re interested and make yourself better than just not wanting to be a virgin.

Hael
    Participant
    July 16, 2017 at 5:59 am #142278

Never turn a texting session into calling. If she wants to talk she will call. But you can start one day with no text and directly to calling.

harsh64
    Participant
    July 16, 2017 at 11:03 pm #142293

never know until you try. I say go for it.

The only chances in life you will regret are the ones you didn’t take.

Anonymous
    July 17, 2017 at 11:01 pm #142419

try to continue communicate her

July 18, 2017 at 2:42 am #142427

It sounds like you’re a young guy so keep in touch with her. You will have opportunities to travel in the future and can always visit her town and restart things.

treasoure
    Participant
    July 19, 2017 at 2:02 pm #142683

When people are drunk, they either do things they regret, or things that they want to do but need the help of alcohol to be able to do it. So not knowing her, we can’t know her intentions. I would say that the best thing would be to just text her and see how she responds to the texts. Text her first maybe 2 or 3 times a few days apart, but after that if she doesn’t text you first you should just forget her and what understand that what happened in the club was a drunken mistake. Also she is out of town so I’m not sure if it would really be useful to text her but who knows, maybe you’ll become friends and then more than friends. So either way, there are no downsides to texting her but don’t get your hopes up.

HopelesslyHandsome
    Participant
    July 21, 2017 at 6:22 am #142851
    Reply To: Should I text her?

I’d just give her a few texts (nothing major, just something light and flirty) and get a feel for how she is with you. If she’s being responsive and seems interested then choose a good time to meet up with her, maybe for just a drink or something. BUT don’t go into any sort of meeting expecting to get laid straight away. In fact, if things go well and she actually is into you she’ll make you wait. That may seem frustrating but from your point of view that can only be a good thing because you’ll have waited for someone worth waiting for rather than losing your v plates with a nobody that means nothing to you. Admittedly I’m no expert on these sort of things but I think I’m along the right lines and hope that helps!

Anonymous
    July 23, 2017 at 1:12 pm #142959

I like to be open with people and try to stay positive and merry in life making it brighter. Besides, I like to work and get results from what I do in life because then it makes sense.Speaking about my hobbies, I like music very much and think that it is something that makes a person special and creative. Music is always in my heart and it is often up to my mood to choose the music I like to listen to. Besides, I like the literature and I would really like to have more free time for this. I believe that reading makes a person well educated and interesting to communicate with my.

Anonymous
    July 23, 2017 at 1:12 pm #142960

I like to be open with people and try to stay positive and merry in life making it brighter. Besides, I like to work and get results from what I do in life because then it makes sense.Speaking about my hobbies, I like music very much and think that it is something that makes a person special and creative. Music is always in my heart and it is often up to my mood to choose the music I like to listen to. Besides, I like the literature and I would really like to have more free time for this. I believe that reading makes a person well educated and interesting to communicate with my.

RustedUp
    Participant
    July 24, 2017 at 9:00 pm #143041

Send the txt (keep it flirty and not serious), if you don’t get a response at least you tried pick up learn from experience. If she’s interested then keep in mind she lives elsewhere, and distance is a double edged sword.

sinto1
    Participant
    July 27, 2017 at 5:23 pm #143434

I would have probably done the same. Keep in touch with, but not too much. Be a little flirty though.

Skyman369
    Participant
    July 28, 2017 at 2:18 pm #143519

Yes always text her never let her go

lella22
    Participant
    July 29, 2017 at 5:04 pm #143561

You sound like a really good guy. It seems like her intentions are strictly sexual since she is leaving town, and likely were just in the moment since she was drunk. If you really want to lose your virginity, then just send her a text and say “Hey! it’s ____. Want to hang out?”, and don’t take it personally if she isn’t interested anymore. However, as a girl, I can tell you that a lot of us find it really admirable when a guy waits for sex to mean something, rather than just banging someone random. It shows a lot of great qualities about you.

Anonymous
    July 29, 2017 at 9:16 pm #143570

First text her and create sexual intrigue, build attraction before anything else. I know she was into you in the club but attraction fades so fast, so don’t think she still has strong emotional attraction for you, however she still feels something for you the mere fact that she was the one who was attracted to you, first build sexual intrigue in her, she might be the one to even call you.