Should I text her again?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I text her again?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jordan314
    Participant
    January 21, 2014 at 1:52 pm #46265
    Should I text her again?

I met this girl on match.com. we went out for a first date last week (that was on Tuesday). There were a lot of signs proved the date went really well, unless she was just too polite.
    She texted me the next day to thank me for the dinner. and I replied politely and I implied that I had really good time, and wishing her luck with her big project on that weekend, without asking her out on a second date.
    On Thursday, I texted her asking her out on a second date. Never heard back from her.
    I know she had something she’s really stressed out about over the weekend. It has been so far 5 days.
    I’m kind of a person, if I really like a girl, which is usually not that often, I’d really like a closure to move on, so I’m thinking to send her just a follow up text this Thursday (7 day from my last text) saying something like “hey, hope your project wasn’t too overwhelming, I want to hear more about it! How about hanging next Tue, 7 pm, same place! And I’m not taking No for an answer 😉 “

Jordan314
    Participant
    January 21, 2014 at 2:23 pm #46272

I’d really appreciate an honest and positive opinion/suggestion without butchering my feelings! Cause I know there are a lot douche-s out there! 😉

thatshittycivic
    Participant
    January 23, 2014 at 11:40 pm #46437

call her so you can feel out her reaction, shell have time to think over text. I’m the same way man. Closure is important but could lead to pain or the truth which may be good or bad. deff call though, you’ll be able to feel out her honest reaction and tone. Take no for an answer, let her be her. bitches be crazy man

AbbaDabbaDew
    Participant
    January 24, 2014 at 11:59 am #46471

Well being Match.com, she may be dating someone else and not wanting to reply to you so quickly to get your hopes up. She may be waiting to see how aggressive you are in pursuing a second date.

But I agree, no answer to the text then call her. Be prepared to leave a voicemail. If you don’t receive a call back or a text within a week then time to move on.

nasos
    nasos
    Participant
    January 25, 2014 at 3:28 am #46539

Text her again and ask her about the project she had.

If she is polite she will answer.

jimmye_25
    Participant
    January 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm #46548

I’d say call, txt can be so informal when it comes to important topics. During the call feel her out.

pr3ttyblue27
    Participant
    January 25, 2014 at 7:54 pm #46555

I don’t think she’s interested. It doesn’t take much time to text. Sorry, that’s just my thoughts.

Travis321
    Travis321
    Participant
    January 25, 2014 at 11:08 pm #46557

it happened to me when I was texting a girl I had a crush on, she would not reply often which would make me sad.

teamscon
    Participant
    January 26, 2014 at 10:30 am #46560

People put all these rules about “ooo dont txt her after the date” etc etc. All this is assuming she wants/needs to play games. Hell if she doesnt like games, she may think your a player .. Because obviously you didnt think much of her after the date to keep txting .. Or your playing games.

Unfortunately, you have alot of bad signs going. Im experienced with online dating and DO ALOT of work there. It has paid off big time for me.

Online dating women are crazzzzzzzy picky. They get 100+ messages a day and have a world of options. You have to find the right girl, and make her see something different in you then the other tools. I always seperate myself from the other guys on the site saying “ugh I bet there are so many crazies on xxxx” etc ..

Send her another txt .. see what happens 🙂

moomoo_xoxo
    Participant
    January 26, 2014 at 11:25 pm #46587
    Reply To: Should I text her again?

I’m having the same problem with a bloke

Drango
    Participant
    January 27, 2014 at 12:30 am #46590

Yep. Same issue.

Anonymous
    January 27, 2014 at 4:30 am #46604

yes you should do sms

runnergal13
    Participant
    January 28, 2014 at 12:27 am #46689

You never know, she could just really be busy. But usually when someone doesn’t respond, it’s a bad sign. That was a good move you made giving her space for a week. Try texting her that follow up text you wrote. You will never know what could have happened unless you try!
    If she never responds, then you have your answer. She’s rude and not worth your time. There’s other ladies out there who would be into you.

butterfly
    butterfly
    Participant
    January 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm #46723

She may indeed be stressed with work. I’ve been “the girl” with that situation. There are so many factors at play. If you met on Match she could also be trying to make a decision. Match (and sites like it) create a weird dynamic because it’s feast or famine. I’m currently on Match but can’t seem to make up my mind about the simplest things. I’m generally a very decisive person but not when it comes to “the second date.” She may be experiencing the same thing. She may like you but isn’t sure if she should accept a second date. The questions surrounding that (if she’s like me and isn’t accustomed to dating multiple people) are: Does this mean I shouldn’t go on other coffee dates? Am I locking myself into the right person? There’s another person I’m interested in as well, should I wait until after that date? Geez sounds neurotic but there it is. Sorry if I created more questions.

Persona136
    Participant
    January 28, 2014 at 1:39 pm #46726

Yes, I definitely think you should give her a call!

1 2