Should I text him???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I text him???

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 4:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

laura405
    Participant
    July 17, 2017 at 4:32 pm #142385
    Should I text him???

I met a guy in a bar last week. We talked for an hour, we really hit it off and he seemed like a very sweet and nice guy. He texted me the next day to ask me if I wanted to go out a few days later and I said yes.

When we went out, on the first half of the date we had really good conversation as well as things in common. For the last hour or so the conversation did lull a little bit. It was late and we were both pretty tired so I didn’t think too much of this. But, I could tell that he was really making an effort to keep the conversation going. At the end of the date I thanked him and asked if we would maybe see each other another time to which he responded that he would text me later.

It’s now been 5 days and he still hasn’t texted. He had told me on the date that he doesn’t like texting and normally doesn’t text people too much. He had also said that he was going on a camping trip over the weekend. I assumed that since he doesn’t like texting and would be away for a few days,

laura405
    Participant
    July 17, 2017 at 4:33 pm #142386

that by saying “later” he had meant that he would text after he came back from the camping trip. But the weekend is over and I still haven’t heard from him.

Now I’m worried that he may have taken the slightly dull conversation as disinterest on my part. But at the same time, it could have just been that he wasn’t interested enough to text me and see me again. So now I’m not sure if I should just take the initiative to text him even though he said that he would, or should I just leave it?

kitkat42
    Participant
    July 17, 2017 at 11:26 pm #142421

If you are interested in him, text him. It sounds like he really likes you and probably is thinking the same thing right now, like “if she liked me she would have texted me”. Take the leap!

July 18, 2017 at 2:44 am #142428

You should text him. Try to remember something you both really enjoyed talking about and pick up the thread again. Text him with a thought related to that topic, something that will make him smile.

He’s probably playing a little hard to get or has some other things going on, so take the initiative

laura405
    Participant
    July 19, 2017 at 9:13 am #142446

UPDATE: I did end up texting him to ask how his camping trip was. He still hasn’t responded to it and I doubt that he will at this point. I’m still glad that I texted him anyways because now I know that he just wasn’t interested. Thanks for the suggestions!