Should I text him back?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I text him back?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:37 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

daringlydating
    Participant
    February 24, 2016 at 7:36 pm #94355
    Should I text him back?

There is this guy that I’ve been texting a lot lately. We are not boyfriend and girlfriend but have discussed how we are sort of dating. He said that he thinks we are basically dating but not official. I eventually would like to be official sooner than later and I’m worried that I am giving him everything so easily that he won’t want to date later. Lately, he’s been short and snippy in texts a lot. He texted me last night, and it was short again like he didn’t care about our conversation. I don’t really have much to say in response. I feel like I put in a lot of effort in conversations and with things, and he hasn’t been. I want to take some space and see how he reacts, is that okay? Do I have to respond to his text, or is it okay that I don’t and take some space? If I do take some space, should I tell him? I am unsure what to do. Thanks!

invictus
    Participant
    February 25, 2016 at 3:44 am #94360

I think you should do how you feel and to me it seems as though you feel like you want some space. Do it! There is no need to go through pain and be sad over him when you’re not even in a relationship. Take a step back and see how he reacts. Maybe he’ll realise he can’t be without you because right now he’s used to having you around all the time.
    If he asks (and he probably will) if anything’s wrong etc then you’ll have your chance to tell him how you feel. Don’t be afraid of doing that.
    Good luck!

lancerblack
    Participant
    February 25, 2016 at 5:37 am #94363

Yes

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 25, 2016 at 9:22 am #94367

Guys have their ups and downs just like girls. If you care for him stick it out for a bit longer and see where things lead. If he’s still being weird but not breaking things off, you need to get him to open up to you about what’s bothering him (or he’s no longer interested)

justincase
    Participant
    February 26, 2016 at 2:55 pm #94517

If you like him, see where it could go, let things blossom a little?

SCguy16
    Participant
    February 26, 2016 at 3:32 pm #94519

As a guy, I think you should be direct with him. I can’t speak for all guys because I am unique – but I like for people to be direct and blunt. Be real….

Nedrab1978
    Participant
    February 26, 2016 at 3:49 pm #94525

Is he someone that bows to peer pressure, and may be responding when with his mates so has to keep up an image? Is he having trouble at school/work/home? These could be reasons for the nature of the texts.

I’m quite a shy guy, and it takes a lot for me to get the courage to talk to a girl I don’t really know, and would love for someone to take the lead.

The big question will be is this just some fun, and you can happily move on, or do you think it might develop into something longer term?

My advice would be to try and find the time to chat, so you can tell him how you feel, and see what happens. The alternative is to put some space between you, to see whether he reacts, risking the chance that he will think you’re no longer interested.

boud0131
    Participant
    February 26, 2016 at 4:05 pm #94529

do it

username2k16
    Participant
    February 28, 2016 at 7:27 am #94558

I think you should take some space and see how he reacts.

wanderings0ul13
    Participant
    February 28, 2016 at 8:20 pm #94563
    Reply To: Should I text him back?

from previous experiences, i would suggest asking him where you stand. if you’ve been texting and dating for a while, i think you have every right to ask where you stand. don’t ever be at his mercy like this, it will only drive you crazy. open communication is key. good luck!

takajedna
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 1:58 am #94575

We are not boyfriend and girlfriend but have discussed how we are sort of dating. He said that he thinks we are basically dating but not official.

So, are you dating or not?

Euphile
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 3:35 pm #94611

Before you “take some space”, make sure that he is neither going through some rough/busy time nor through some important stuff (like exams if he is a student) in near future. In the first case, he might be needing you or your understanding of the situation. However, in the later case, if he is even slightly serious about you, he will be ending up messing up his important stuff by worrying too much about you. For guys, it is extremely difficult to avoid thinking about the girl they love if she changes her behaviour a little with them.

Marianna
    Participant
    March 1, 2016 at 12:08 am #94672

See how he reacts to you needing space. Absence does make the heart grow fonder they say..

selenagaldamez
    Participant
    March 1, 2016 at 2:47 am #94678

It’s ok to have some space. Even though it seems like you really like the guy, I think it would be good and also you’ll have more to talk about In person! That’s what I would do if I were In your situation.

teamscon
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 5:08 pm #94997

Take space!

1 2