Should I text him first?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I text him first?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

moonlight
    Participant
    July 18, 2014 at 4:46 am #57727
    Should I text him first?

There’s this guy I met online. He works as a CEO. We had a good convo n he asked me out. I told him I was free on Friday.

On Friday I texted him to make sure that we were on in the morning. He replied around 2 pm saying sorry for the late reply but he was in a meeting.He then told me he was gonna be late, we were supposed to meet at 3 but he wanted to push it to 4.30.

I was a bit annoyed but I told him it was fine, mind you, I was already otw. I was walking around alone till I got a text from him right at 4,30 saying ‘I’m really sorry about this but I think we have to meet another time. I can’t make it.’ I was mad and felt disrespected but I replied ‘ok don’t worry about it.’ to which he replied ‘I’m sorry, I’m still not done here n I don’t wanna waste ur time’ I ignored that as I was expecting a better apology than that.he could’ve canceled earlier, right? It’s now been 2 weeks n he hasn’t text me. should I give him another chance?

Or he’s not into me and I should move on?

hopelesspanzy24
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 3:23 pm #57892

Reading all of that, with everything that has been going on, just blame his work. That’s all you can do. Im sure you are worried if he has no interest because you haven’t spoken in awhile but if he asked you out then why wouldn’t he? If he is a CEO then trust he is busy all the damn time. Ask yourself if you even really want to be with someone like that ( unless you just trying to get some CEO booty) in the first place because he probably will ALWAYS be busy. I say try asking again but dont come off like” if i ask you out again are you going to just flake? ” Ask as if its the first time. ” hey feel like grabbing some food, care to join me? ” And see what goes on from there. IF he flakes and reschedules hold on to it. EVEN if he reschedules.It shows interest but he just has no time. And if he puts you off again then don’t even bother anymore. SO first ask yourself if you even want to put effort in to a dude like this. Then take action hope this helps and good luck (:

gampla
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 6:02 pm #57903

There’s this guy I met online. He works as a CEO. We had a good convo n he asked me out. I told him I was free on Friday.
    On Friday I texted him to make sure that we were on in the morning. He replied around 2 pm saying sorry for the late reply but he was in a meeting.He then told me he was gonna be late, we were supposed to meet at 3 but he wanted to push it to 4.30.
    I was a bit annoyed but I told him it was fine, mind you, I was already otw. I was walking around alone till I got a text from him right at 4,30 saying ‘I’m really sorry about this but I think we have to meet another time. I can’t make it.’ I was mad and felt disrespected but I replied ‘ok don’t worry about it.’ to which he replied ‘I’m sorry, I’m still not done here n I don’t wanna waste ur time’ I ignored that as I was expecting a better apology than that.he could’ve canceled earlier, right? It’s now been 2 weeks n he hasn’t text me. should I give him another chance?
    Or he’s not into me and I should move on?

give him another chance

SweetChameleon14
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 8:51 pm #57907

I would definitely give it another shot. His work obviously got in the way, especially given the fact that he is a CEO, his work life is BOUND to be hectic.

Anonymous
    July 22, 2014 at 8:09 am #57916

Reading all of that i say you that you have to text again to her and you have to understand her problem and wait for her text.

CharlieFox
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 10:06 am #57926

I doubt he’s playing games or anything, it really seems it’s his work. So I suggest sending him a “I thought I’d say hi” kind of message and then picking up a conversation from there. Give him another chance! 🙂

vivrant__thing
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 10:32 am #58055

It sounds like work has him tied up a lot!! Giving him a second shot wont hurt