should i text him or is this over?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 20, 2015 at 12:27 pm #84431

i’ve had a casual relationship with a man for a few months. mostly had sleepovers, but would have dinner or drinks every now and then. texting was good at first and the sporadic later. but after the last time we had dinner and a sleepover two weeks ago, i have not heard from him. Granted i could also text, but he has never gone more than a week without checking in, even if we aren’t planning a hang out session. Is it worth me reaching out to him or, since it’s been 2 weeks, he’s just doing the fade away and i should leave it alone? I feel like if he was still into it he would’ve reached out, but perhaps i’ve played it too cool as well? But my sense is that that would just make him try harder. any advice from the men????

jess38
    Participant
    August 21, 2015 at 6:47 pm #84549

I’m not a man, but I would at least text him. If he’s still being distant, then, yeah, maybe you should call it over.

redrover
    Participant
    August 22, 2015 at 8:26 pm #84570

I just signed up to ask a similar question but cant make a new thread until make 2 posts.
    I met a girl on an online dating site started by emailing then calls and text.
    She was txting me everyday. Because of my job I didnt reply until the end of the day (I could have made the time).
    We planned our first date/meeting but last minute she had to go out of town for a funeral.
    I gave her my condolences and told her we could make new plans.
    I txt her a few days later. She called me that day but I was working so I txtd her.
    So stopped txting me as much since.
    I asked her to meet anytime even if its just ice cream or coffee after she gets off work. She said she would have to check her schedule and let me know. It has been a week and nothing. Im wondering if I should keep trying or if I put enough effort into the relationship/meeting.
    In your situation he probably thinks it is only casual. You should txt him let him know you want more. Casual usually means friend zone unless you do something.

August 22, 2015 at 8:48 pm #84571

im not a man ether but i would have to agree just text him and ask be open and honest about your concerns. or you can just wait to see what he says. Or just drop sudden hints about your relationship.

kasper6696
    Participant
    August 23, 2015 at 10:20 pm #84602

I would say just text him. As a guy, I know I wait for a girl to message me sometimes.

Hyperion567
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 4:05 pm #84763

Just text him. Find out one way or the other. I hate the slow fade out…

ted54321
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 5:58 pm #84765

If you like him, text him. Don’t text him a second time if he doesn’t respond though.

Kellyrose
    Participant
    August 29, 2015 at 1:30 pm #84919

Sister of best friend of mine went through the same, was upset for weeks, the man did not show up for a date, did not bother to cancel and then just disappeared. Later she ran into a common friend and somehow he mentioned that her date had passed away in a car accident…
    Not saying that happened, but there could have been major changes in his life and if he is in trouble he might appreciate you checking in
    Kellyrose

JohnDoe98
    Participant
    August 29, 2015 at 4:50 pm #84921

Yes, text him.

JohnDoe98
    Participant
    August 29, 2015 at 4:50 pm #84922
    Reply To: should i text him or is this over?

Yes, in my opinion you should still text him at least once.

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 30, 2015 at 7:56 am #84939

he responded when i texted (after 2 weeks) and we texted back and forth for a couple of days, and now i have’t heard from him in 5 days. i did ask him to a show and he said that day didn’t work (but offered no alternative) but then continued to chat and text with me…

jenkins54
    Participant
    August 30, 2015 at 7:09 pm #84941

I’d text him if I were you. I’ve lost a few people because we just stopped communicating. Unless you have no interest then I suggest messaging him.

JZ36
    Participant
    August 31, 2015 at 5:11 am #84948

Worth trying texting

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 31, 2015 at 11:17 am #84969

he responded when i texted (after 2 weeks) and we texted back and forth for a couple of days, and now i have’t heard from him in 5 days. i did ask him to a show and he said that day didn’t work (but offered no alternative) but then continued to chat and text with me…

Kelly924
    Participant
    August 31, 2015 at 5:54 pm #84978

I would text him to see what’s going on.

1 2