Should I Text Him Or Not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

abbmar
    Participant
    March 31, 2016 at 4:16 pm #96898

I’ve been friends with a guy since November. He said he wanted to get to know me better and asked for my phone #. He’s been texting me once or twice a week since then. He told me he had just gotten out of a bad relationship and wasn’t in a hurry to get into another relationship. He wanted to take things slowly. He told me recently that he considers me a very good friend – although I think there’s more to it than that. He’s very flirty, compliments me all the time. Tells me he wants to spend time with me. He even asked me to go out to breakfast with him this Saturday and then go shopping with him so that I can help him pick out some clothes. He talks about getting an apartment by himself – he currently lives with a roommate and tells me he wants me to come over and spend time with him once he moves. He texted me on Tuesday night and it lasted 3 hours. He said he would text me again the next night but didn’t. I normally don’t initiate any texts. Unless I have a question I

abbmar
    Participant
    March 31, 2016 at 4:19 pm #96899

need to have answered, I let him do the initiating. I’m afraid of scaring him off. So, my question is, if he doesn’t text me again by Friday night, should I text him and ask if he still wants to go out for breakfast and shopping or should I forget about it? I’m confused…I also see him once a week where he works – which is where we met. He talks to me like he’s crazy about me. He stares at me, smiles at me, acts concerned every time he looks at me and I don’t look like I’m happy. I don’t know what he’s thinking or what he really feels. I’m obsessed and don’t know what to do.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  abbmar.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    March 31, 2016 at 4:52 pm #96902

nope wait for him to text you, he has your number and if he’s attracted to you let him come to you.And meanwhile put him out of your head if he wants you hell come after you, if he doesn’t then you didn’t want him in the first place

abbmar
    Participant
    April 4, 2016 at 8:59 am #96942

Thank you for your help. Here’s my next question. We’re supposed to be going out for breakfast and shopping tomorrow. If he doesn’t text me tonight to confirm plans, should I ignore any texts he sends after tomorrow? If not, should I let him know I’m upset? Or should I just pretend that I totally forgot about it and that I’m not bothered by it at all?