Should I text this girl that I like?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 11:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jakesmith757
    Participant
    August 5, 2017 at 8:56 pm #144374

This is my as simple as it seems. I’m a lifeguard and I work with lots of guards but there is this one girl I have worked with 3 times who I really like. She is also on my swim team. I talk to her when we are working and she doesn’t seem to hate me whic is good. Anyway we have a lifeguard group chat and I have her number I have texted her once or twice about work but that’s all. I’m not sure if I should text her or not cause I feel like it could be weird or random. Should I text her and if so what?

yodeman18
    Participant
    August 6, 2017 at 8:45 am #144389

Sure, text her. If she responds and the message is conversational, then she probably seems cool with you texting. If her responses are short and take the conversation to a dead end pretty quickly, then she’s probably not into it. I would put most of my energy of showing interest into the times when you see her. It seems like you see her pretty regularly so it’s not like you have to rush anything. I would, however, take note of her personality. If she’s generally a very friendly or naturally flirty person, then she may just be responding to you how she would with any guy.

adomynous6891
    Participant
    August 6, 2017 at 5:03 pm #144398

I would message her, definitely. You sound like you are a thoughtful guy (can’t imagine you would ask for advice on here if not). Just be yourself and ask how her weekend has been for example. Good luck! Go easy, take your time.

odin77
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 1:19 am #144410

If you’re already taking to her while working, and you know her well already, I would say to go ahead and text her. She already knows who you are, and if you already have a good connection, it shouldn’t be a problem.

lostinspace1973
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 7:40 am #144430

I think you should go for it, what do you have to lose?

DCgoldmember
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 11:29 pm #144554

sure

joe445
    Participant
    August 10, 2017 at 12:30 am #144818

Yeah sure go for it. It wont be the end of the world.