Should i throw in the towel?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

marioa51
    Participant
    April 23, 2016 at 2:25 am #98583

So me and my ex broke up about 3 months ago, and about a week after I started talking to this friend from uni who I had really never spoken to. We started texting, like pretty much all the time. And we met up for dinner and it was great.
    We slowly got closer, going on dates, I’d drop her home and we would hang out in my car for ages. We were pretty much seeing each other every week, and finding time to see each other when we can. We were even going to go away for a weekend but we cancelled because uni got too busy.
    She started coming to my house, and yeah we did have intimate times (I was her first). And we had planned to meet up in Europe because we are both going their in July. Things seemed great and we were always planning the next time to meet up.

marioa51
    Participant
    April 23, 2016 at 2:26 am #98584

Then suddenly, she tells me she can’t see me this week. She then says how she knows it seems selfish and out of nowhere, but that she cannot handle anything more than us being friends at the moment. She says she ‘loves’ the idea of us and tried her best to be comfortable with it but at the moment its not something she is open to. She said the anxiety has been building up and that things are to serious already (even though I don’t think it is). She says maybe we need some space for a bit so this is sinks in. I tried to just say, “well we are both on the same page now, so what’s the issue?”.
    I know she has a lot on with uni + work (she works 3 full days a week plus 2 days of uni and has a tonne of stuff to do for it) and I know it makes her stress heaps. I feel like she just has commitment issues or something?

Is there anything I can do now or should I just stop talking to her and hope maybe she messages me in a few weeks. I didn’t think I would be this upset about it.

J1981
    Participant
    April 23, 2016 at 11:02 am #98587

I’ve been in your position mate! It is difficult meeting someone new and taking a chance heartbreak again! Sounds to me that you need to take a step back & let her figure things out. If she suffers from anxiety more pressure will not help you. Have faith