should i try to contact him

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

12mustangjenn
    Participant
    September 6, 2015 at 3:42 pm #85202

long story short, I met a man who I dated for a little over a month. Things were going great, he told me he was really into me, and texted or called every day. Our last date was 2 weeks ago. I had been feeling not as into him as he was me, and guess I started feeling it again. Things got intimate, and we had our first sexual encounter. He couldn’t perform, and I’m afraid I took it personally. I didn’t say anything to him, but I felt hurt. I know now this was irrational. He did manage to pleasure me in other ways. He was kind of cold and distant when I left, I think he picked up on my feelings. He did text the next morning, and we didn’t mention this again. Well, I made plans with him for another date, wanting to give this another chance. The day before the date, I texted him, as he hadn’t brought up the date. He said he had plans for the time we were supposed to meet. I never heard from him again after that. Should I contact him, or let it go? Could he think I lost interest?

binh
    Participant
    September 6, 2015 at 7:53 pm #85209

My boy,

As for usual with relationships, your problem could be solved with carrots. Purchase one large, whole carrot. Drive to your disappointing man’s home and ring the door. When he answers pull the carrot out of your back pocket and take one large bite out of it. Do not speak. Chew the carrot and swallow it. He will know that you are not happy with his penis and if he is a man of honour he will solve his disappointing problem. If he does not, then he is not a man. Or you might be a disgrace.

Binh

12mustangjenn
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 11:41 am #85204

More info to add to this, I am 42, never married, no kids. He is 47, never married, no kids. I do feel as if I miss him, but not sure if it’s as a friend, or if I want to continue dating him.

OnlyOneU
    Participant
    September 10, 2015 at 10:01 am #85320

Yes contact him. Clear the air and be adults..or at least he should. Communication is key if sex is going to be involved. But if he doesnt want ot discuss anything about it and gives you a cold shoulder then maybe start thinking of moving on.

Lostfan1
    Participant
    September 10, 2015 at 4:30 pm #85324

He probably did pick up on your feelings toward him. I would just call him and tell him how you feel. Do you want him as a friend or boyfriend. Good luck

ovenbakedbread
    Participant
    September 11, 2015 at 4:24 pm #85336

I would try to clear things up. But if that doesn’t work, let it go.

BMekaj
    Participant
    September 12, 2015 at 12:23 pm #85343

Do some self exploration. If you still feel for him or miss him in any way then call him and try to clarify the situation. Ask him why he just dissapeared. Of course if you do not feel for him at all then just let it go.

BobH1970
    Participant
    September 13, 2015 at 5:52 pm #85349

I would.

bmwilhelm8818
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 3:05 am #85369

If you really like him you should most definitely contact him. Guys are very sensitive about disappointing a girl sexually so that is most likely the reason he is distant.

Tuckertcs
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 6:37 pm #85425
    Reply To: should i try to contact him

couldn’t hurt just to say hey, right?

pmax
    Participant
    September 15, 2015 at 1:48 am #85437

Yes you should try to contact him again. He might just be trying to see if you are still interested by having you contact him

jm07
    Participant
    September 15, 2015 at 3:00 pm #85471

I would reach out one more time and see how he responds.

cpitnj
    Participant
    September 15, 2015 at 6:30 pm #85479

You could reach out to him, but I would say with no expectations. As humans we do pickup on one another’s energy, especially with sexual energy. You can convey to him your feelings if your intentions are true,but the fact that you had some reservations may lead you to want to think before acting.