Should I try to make this happen when I see him again, or do I let it go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• katzzzzz
    Participant
    November 27, 2016 at 1:44 am #118170

Met this guy a week ago. Smart, funny, handsome, kind. We really hit it off, drinking and talking for hours. He invited me to go back to his place, which I’m usually pretty reserved about, but I trusted him for some reason. I went back and we had a very passionate evening, but when I woke in the morning I felt terribly guilty because I had left my sick cat alone all night, and he needed to be tube fed every 8 hours. I was also hungover and feeling uncomfortable because I usually don’t sleep at a guys place until I really trust him. I told the guy that I had to leave. He tried several times to convince me to stay, but I told him I couldn’t because of my cat. This seemed to offend him and I think he might have thought I was lying just to leave. When he walked me to the door he said I hope your cat will be okay. I said “Thanks, he will be okay” and the guy said sure now he will be ok. He didn’t ask for my number. Should I overlook his insecurity, or is it a sign he was never that into me?

katzzzzz
    Participant
    November 27, 2016 at 1:46 am #118171

Also let it be noted that the ways he tried to convince me to stay were having coffee, cuddling, ect. He really didn’t seem to have only sex on his mind. He really seemed like a genuinely nice guy who was very interested in me. But maybe that was all a facade? If he truly was interested, would he have let me leave without getting my number? I realize that it COULD seem like I was lying just to exit the situation, but I wasn’t. If he was really interested, wouldn’t he have given me the benefit of the doubt? So confused.

Nikola_Abrakadabra
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 1:32 pm #118265

Maybe he though you are not into dating bcz you just wanted to leave for cat.
    If you like him ask him out and he will be for it if he likes you and not for 1 night stand.