Should I try to pursue this guy? Not sure if he's interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cbs25
    Participant
    September 16, 2013 at 11:52 pm #38996

So I went on a date on Wednesday with a guy I met on okcupid. We talked and were out for about 3 and a half hours. I thought it went well and we had a lot in common. At the end of the date he walked me to the train and gave me a hug goodbye. As he was leaning in for the hug, he turned his head to give me a kiss on the lips, but my head was already semi-turning for the hug so it landed half on my cheek. It was awkward. As I was walking away I told him to let me know if he wanted to meet at this music festival we were both going to be at on Sunday. Sunday came and I texted him asking if he wanted to meet up at the festival. I haven’t heard back from him since Wednesday, and I definitely thought he was interested so I’m confused. What do you all think?

needsomeadvice
    Participant
    September 17, 2013 at 1:22 pm #39104

According to most of the dating sites I’ve been taking a crash course on, you should not contact him again. If he’s interested, he’ll contact you.

mr.mittens
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:13 pm #39287

At the end of the date he walked me to the train

you take the train? maybe if you had a car, things would be more natural but wdik? dont look to much into it and be flattered that he wanted to kiss you imho

datingisamazing
    datingisamazing
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:15 pm #39290

I’ve come to realize that if someone’s really into you and wants to actively talk to you, then they will. If they haven’t responded to you in quite some, it’s just a “nice” way of telling you that they’re most likely not interested. He may have gave you a kiss and a hug as a “heat of the moment” action during the date, but if he hasn’t followed up by now, I’d move on. If he was truly into you, he’d take the time to respond to you. Don’t despair, there’s other fish in the sea!

awesomeme
    awesomeme
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:36 pm #39330

Eh, these other people are stupid. Why not text him again? It’s not like you have to see him all of the time. Sometimes people lose track of their texts and don’t respond and it doesn’t mean anything.

Anyone who uses “there’s other fish in the sea” should never be listened to.

theABQ
    theABQ
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:22 pm #40063

maybe he thought your side kiss thing was a rejection?

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:25 pm #40071

Sounds like all chances at a relationship have gone apoop.