Should I wait for him to ask me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

catlover
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 10:08 pm #81153

Recently I met a guy online who had similar interests as me. After emailing for a little over a week we finally met in person. (He asked). We met at a park and walked and talked for over an hour. We parted ways and much later that night I finally sent him an email saying that it was nice to meet him. He sent a similar response back but nothing to indicate if he wanted to get together again or not. We have been texting/emailing back and forth a little since then (3 days) but I have no idea if he is interested in dating now that we have met in person. I’m just wondering if I should continue like I have and see if he asks me or should I work it in the messages we send each other that I want to get together again? Maybe I should mention that my dating experience is minimal and I am in my 30’s. Any friendly advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

JPaul
    Participant
    June 17, 2015 at 12:35 am #81155

You should take into account the signs he sends you. Is not only about what he says, you also need to think about the way he is talking to you. He might be waiting for the right moment or he is busy.
    Beside of all that, if you want to date him ask him out! The worse thing that may happen is that he doesn’t want to date you.

I hope this help you.

IronWardog91
    Participant
    June 17, 2015 at 12:51 am #81156

I would suggest a more direct approach. In one of your next emails, straight up ask him if he wants to meet up for coffee or dinner or something like that. He made the first move to meet up in person, so there’s a good chance that he’s waiting for you to call the next one.

Best of luck to you.

LaurelGypsy
    Participant
    June 19, 2015 at 4:42 pm #81355

I know it is hard to wait on someone you have an interest in, but I do believe it’s best to wait and let him be the initiator. Men like to feel they are in control, and actually like “the chase”. If you take that away from him, he may lose interest. I’d wait a couple of weeks, and if you don’t hear from him, then reach out very casually and mention you would like to make time to grab a coffee or a drink with him, and see how he responds.

Anonymous
    June 20, 2015 at 9:45 am #81375

The first mistake I read in your profile is that you were texting/emailing. That’s very impersonal. Next time you receive a text from him; mention you have some free time and he should give you a call. if the conversation appears to be going smoothly, ask him out for a bite to eat; your treat. Make sure it’s somewhere that the two of you can have a nice conversation, and possibly drinks.