Should I wait for him to make the first move or should I ask him out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

isabellaelaine
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 10:05 pm #101278

I recently went to prom with my crush and we had a great time. We’re both very shy, and my friend who was helping him ask me had to repeatedly assure him that I wouldn’t say no. At the dance, we didn’t talk all that much, but it wasn’t as awkward as I expected it to be. When we were dancing in a circle with our friends, he seemed to bump into me a lot, but I couldn’t tell if it was on purpose. He also held me fairly close when we slow danced. We haven’t talked much since prom, but I really don’t want it to be a one-time thing. However, I doubt that he’ll ask me out on his own because he needed a lot of nudging to ask me to prom in the first place. We’re also graduating in a week, so maybe he is hesitant to start something so soon before college. Should I wait for him to make the first move or should I ask him out? I don’t have his phone number, only facebook messenger, and he is always with friends at school, so I don’t know how to go about it.

Desmonnd
    Desmonnd
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 1:53 pm #101321

It is the man’s job to ask the girl out. It is his job to ask you out. If he can’t do this, what else can’t he do?
    Now I am not saying he does not want to date you.
    If you were both 16, I would advise to strike up a conversation with him and try doing some small talk, if that goes well and he seems to like you, ask him about how often he goes out on dates, if he says not often or never, he probably has not acquired the social skills to get girls, and maybe going out somewhere would be a good oportunity to learn some social skills.
    However he is about to graduate, he should have learned these skills by now, and we can assume there is something wrong with him.
    If you want to be in a relationship with a man, you need a man whom you can respect and admire, this boy is not him.

Desmonnd
    Desmonnd
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 11:23 pm #101345

If you don’t agree with me then can you tell me exactly what “We haven’t talked much since prom, ” means.?

nataly87
    Participant
    May 26, 2016 at 1:46 am #101354

Wait for him to make the move.

Nabanita
    Participant
    May 26, 2016 at 4:44 am #101357

Its better to wait…

nancyha
    Participant
    May 26, 2016 at 10:40 am #101381

I would think sending a casual message wouldn’t be that terrible.. not asking him out but just to start the communication again, then he should ask you out