Should I write a letter to my crush

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RyanMlove
    Participant
    May 11, 2016 at 9:35 am #100110

I have a big dilemma and it is if I should write a letter to a girl or not. I will try not to get into too much detail. Here goes: I have known the girl for 4-5 months now and I’ve liked her a lot but I’ve not really spoken to her much. She knows me and I know her so until recently (2-3 weeks ago) we were just greeting each other when we would see each other on campus. For about 2 weeks we’ve had something. We would go out and talk a lot about personal things or we would watch movies with friends and my hand would go basically almost everywhere and she wouldn’t mind (no nothing sexual, just normal physical touch everywhere else like my hand going up and down her back or arm, something like caressing her). To be completely honest I felt she was enjoying that I was trying to get close to her all the time but she was non-responsive, meaning she did not try the same thing, she was just letting me do everything.

RyanMlove
    Participant
    May 11, 2016 at 9:35 am #100111

Now is the time for me to share that she had a boyfriend with which she said she wants to break up since they are having a long-distance relationship and it is not working and on top of that he already once had told her he didn’t love her and never had but then they got back together. She also told me she can’t look him the way she used before he had broken up with her which is another reason she wanted to just end everything now but she feels like when he comes back she is going to get fooled one more time by his words and promises. I decided to speak my mind and tell her how I feel and that I kind of really, really enjoy the time we spend together after finding out that she wants to break up with her BF. We talked and she said she feels something about me but she still has something for her BF that is why she doesn’t know how she is going to tell him when he comes back. Why do I want to give her a letter?

May 11, 2016 at 4:00 pm #100195

Don’t give her a letter. She doesn’t need a letter. She knows how you feel. She does like you, BUT, she’s keeping you as a backup plan right now. She’s in love with her boyfriend and still stuck on him. She sees you as a clutch/backup/shoulder to cry on, which is not a bad place to be because you’re next in line to come right in and swoop her up. BUT… you could screw that up with the letter.. writing her a letter will only make you seem overbearring and something she can’t handle right now. Don’t make her change her mind from seeing you as something she wants to open up to and share things with to someone she needs to back away from. A letter will make her back away. Like, I said, she already knows how you feel. She knows you’re there in waiting. Continue what you’re doing with her (innocent touches, listening ear, kindness, and being a gentlemen)….. But don’t put any pressure on her for more. Eventually, she’ll be curious and want to try more with you. Don’t ruin it

Good luck!

RyanMlove
    Participant
    May 11, 2016 at 5:33 pm #100112

Because when her BF comes back, I am going to go work in the US for 3 months (I live in Europe) and I will be very far away and I want to assure her that she has someone even if she ends her relationship. I am usually really good with writing poems and so I was wondering if I should do it now and if it feels right? I am not saying that I will go into deep details and tell her that I love her or some stuff since I really know he for 3 weeks but I want to write how I feel at least. Is it a good idea? Girls, any ideas? I have started writing something maybe I can include it if more info is needed for an answer.

May 11, 2016 at 11:36 pm #100257

Hmmmmm…..OK……I didn’t know you were leaving. In that case, yes, write her a letter BUT don’t give it to her until the last time you see her before you leave. If you give it to her too soon it will make it awkward and she won’t know how to act around you the next day she she’s you. But, if you give it to her the last day you’re in Europe she will see it as sweet and hold it dear to her heart.

Farfromhome9000
    Farfromhome9000
    Participant
    May 12, 2016 at 4:56 pm #100296

Write her