Should (or when) do I tell her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Andy1144
    Participant
    June 3, 2016 at 10:45 am #102089

There was this girl who was my classmate. She is studious and doesn’t interact very freely. Initially I respected her and had a mild crush but we only formally interacted throughout our 2 years in collage. But the last one month of the college year, I came to know a more about through mutual friends and became relatively closer and I had developed strong “feelings” for her. We went for some group activities like trekking and dinners with friends. We have had good chats and laughs but never had deeper personal conversations or flirting. In that last one month one can say we were friends. But since I had a crush on her I was sort of careful in whatever I do with her. So I was not very close, as to call her when I feel like or talk really personal stuff.
    The problem is it was too early(in the sense we don’t know each other so well) and too late(for she has left the course). Now I’m texting her very formally only.
    So right now we are in two different cities separated by more than 500kms and its not plausible to meet her. We both are busy with our work for the next two months. But after three months she will come to my city for a lot of her research work and I’ll be relatively free. And I want to tell her I like her and ask her for a dinner or something. But I’m so uncertain about the plausibility. Because a)I’ve not connected personally with her to call her or talk to her freely about anything. b)Her stay in the city will not be regular, so we won’t be staying in the same place for long c)I’m extremely shy and communicating freely takes time and only after knowing her more. I need advice.
    Should I call her/ email her about what I feel. This sounds very impersonal and can possibly damage the friendship? Should I tell her once we both are back in the same city? Or should I drop the idea about her which I honestly don’t want.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Andy1144.

Andy1144
    Participant
    June 3, 2016 at 3:44 pm #102090

(conti…)So right now we are in two different cities separated by more than 500kms and its not plausible to meet her. We both are busy with our work for the next two months. But after three months she will come to my city for a lot of her research work and I’ll be relatively free. And I want to tell her I like her and ask her for a dinner or something. But I’m so uncertain about the plausibility. Because a)I’ve not connected personally with her to call her or talk to her freely about anything. b)Her stay in the city will not be regular, so we won’t be staying in the same place for long c)I’m extremely shy and communicating freely takes time and only after knowing her more. I need advice.
    Should I call her/ email her about what I feel. This sounds very impersonal and can possibly damage the friendship? Should I tell her once we both are back in the same city? Or should I drop the idea about her which I honestly don’t want.

matrixlove
    Participant
    June 3, 2016 at 4:33 pm #102131

Being so far away can be an issue, if you really like her then why not give it a shot.