Shy Girl Needs Advice to Try to Get a Guy's Attention

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    February 16, 2015 at 6:09 pm #73521

I am interested in this guy, but not sure if he has noticed me. I would love to break more out of my shyness shell. Anyone have some advice of how to be more outgoing / to be noticed. I know a couple of things about him, but not a whole lot. I would like to at least get to be friends with him, but would not mind more of a girlfriend/boyfriend. I am 27 and have not had any boyfriends so far. That is why I need help to open up and get noticed…

paul89
    Participant
    February 16, 2015 at 8:15 pm #73522

Smile. Just try smiling at him and see what happens. A smile is pretty much the guy’s signal to come talk to a girl, but you can always use the “I was just trying to make friends” defense is for whatever reason he isn’t receptive. As a guy, I can tell you that if a woman smiles at me, regardless of whether or not I am interested, it lights up my day and makes me a little happier. If you get a conversation with him, be positive. Worse case scenario is that you’re the person who makes his day a little brighter with a smile, best case scenario is, well, you know. Good luck 🙂

DKing3
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 4:02 pm #73594

Just try to talk to him! Show him you are interested! As a guy I can tell you talking to a girl can be intimidating and maybe this guy is a little shy too!
    One thing you can do is to try and be engaging. I could not tell you how many girls I have talked to and cut it off because they did not seem to want to converse just because they didnt talk. I think there is a lot of pressure for guys to be the ones to do all the stuff and lead it and carry conversations but sometimes its nice for the girls to sometimes take the lead for a little every once in a while:)

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    August 1, 2015 at 9:36 am #83480

I have a hard time knowing if I am showing that I am interested in this guy. I don’t know if he is even showing interest in me…

mystiQ321
    Participant
    August 1, 2015 at 11:47 am #83482

I’m very shy myself and find it really hard to be straight forward. The best advice I can give is to smile at him when you see him. It worked for me but mostly because I couldn’t stop myself from smiling in the first place 😀 And just be friendly and try to act natural. If you focus too much on trying to be outgoing you might forget to just be yourself.

cheyenne
    Participant
    August 2, 2015 at 3:33 pm #83488

Smile. smile, smile smile. I am a man and nothing in the world so encourages me as a woman’s smile.