Shyness

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Shyness

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TheOne111
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 1:32 pm #127848
    Shyness

Right, so I’ll start by saying that i have had a crush since 7th grade when a new girl came into our class, I was extremely shy, unathletic and pretty boring overall so i never actually did talk to her even though she was nice enough to say hello to me occasionally, i ofcourse said hello back.

Fast forward 4 years now, I managed to overcome a bit of my shyness and ended up chatting like once a month on Facebook, our conversations are never that insightful and long, mostly because I’m still shy and awful at talking to girls, I started going to the gym last year and now I’m pretty fit yet I still feel insecure.

Last summer I just said f**k it and asked her out, I got rejected because she apparently was going out-of-town for the summer, now she’s back and yet I didn’t try to ask her out again as my shyness has taken the best of me, I really don’t feel like failing.

I used to meet her at the bus stop before but now she just doesn’t appear at it anymore.

Any advice on what to

troubled14
    troubled14
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 3:20 pm #127864

I can only imagine what impact the rejection had on your confidence to speak to this girl. However, i believe in the idea that if you don’t take action, then you cannot complain when things don’t go your way. You need to show her that not only are you more confident now, although you may not be(fake it till you make it) but that you have a game plan as to how you two would play out.