Sign of desperation, or am I overreading?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 3:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MASTERNC
    Participant
    August 6, 2017 at 1:02 pm #144392

I’m a guy and I’ve been dating online for years. I’ve dated all kinds of people, from clearly desperate to awkward to self-centered, which has definitely given me indicators to when a date could be trouble. However, I also tend to overread things sometimes.

I have one right now on Match. She seems to be looking for the same things I am but there are things that make me uncomfortable. Consider:

– She has only three photos, all selfies and none below the shoulders (she calls herself “curvy” but that often means heavyset).
    – Her profile says if guys like what they see, “message me, please”
    – I said yes to her in my daily matches, but hadn’t had a chance to e-mail her. She proceeds to message me a minute later with her name and saying she’d love to chat to get to know me more (but asks no questions about me from my profile)
    – When I send messages, regardless of hour, she responds within 15 minutes

I am thinking she might be desperate for attention but could be overreading. Thoughts?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  MASTERNC.

MASTERNC
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 10:11 am #144405

I should add she has asked one question of me in three messages (I always ask a question in my messages). Thinking she is inexperienced but leaning towards moving on.

missmarymack
    missmarymack
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 12:09 am #144558

I am a girl that dates around online, in my opinion she might just be excited about meeting new people. social girls who enjoy meeting people all the time do tend to message first. as for the photos thing, I can relate. in my profiles i refer to myself as curvy and never show below my shoulders. this is due to insecurity. I am actually not heavyset, but rather a petite figure with well developed hourglass curves. im not 100% fit so a little on the flabby-chubby side of the spectrum. i say if youre both looking for the same things, give her a shot. even if she is a tad heavier, so what??

whyror
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 6:13 am #144562

Just give it a try, it doesn’t hurt.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 2:40 pm #144644

in all these messages that she never asks you a question, what does she say about herself?
    Is she long-winded?
    Is she talking like she’s enamored with you and wanting to push things fast?

The behavior you explain is most usually associated with a scammer who in the end is trying to get you to sign up for some service or another dating board or will be asking you for yoru personal information to execute id theft or have you send money. So be careful how much you reveal about yourself.

Buffy
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 10:00 pm #144701

Try getting her name and finding her on Facebook or Instagram. It’s a little stalkerish, but would definitely give you a better insight to her personality and true body type.

animenerd
    animenerd
    Participant
    August 10, 2017 at 5:01 am #144825

try to figure out more ten talk

woodaudi
    Participant
    August 11, 2017 at 3:15 pm #145079

I’m with anime nerd, just relax and try to get more information out of her.

Carmela
    Carmela
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 11:20 am #145232

Ask to skype with her? Send her some pics of you doing daily activities (I know when a guy does this, I send some pics back).