Single for 8+ years and not sure what to do.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kingalucard85
    Participant
    May 7, 2015 at 5:13 am #78581

I have been single for 8 years now (almost 9) whenever I ask someone out I either get “friend zoned” or straight out rejected and they leave my life entirely. I always get the same “you are an awesome guy and you will find someone” speech. It does not seem to matter how I meet the women it always ends before I can get a first date. I have tried meeting people the traditional way, dating sites and even recently resorted to apps like Tinder. Online and apps have given me zero matches. I am 30 years old male with a bachelor’s degree (double major from a respected University) I work two jobs one I work with the developmentally disabled and own my own business. I am intelligent, funny, loyal, honest, and a good friend. Also been told I have a great personality by friends and the women who turn me down. I am overweight but I am currently working on changing that. I am also not a very confident man. Any advice would be helpful.

B Samuels
    B Samuels
    Participant
    May 9, 2015 at 3:00 am #78666

Hey bro,
    There’s nothing wrong with being a nice guy. But when it comes to attracting women, you want to be moving the interaction in a sexual manner from the first minute you meet her.
    If you start with making logical small conversations when you talk to women, you are not going to spark any interest in her sexually whatsoever.. Resulting in her just seeing you as a friend.
    Your job, income, and education is irrelevant when it comes to attracting women!
    When you see a girl you are interested in, you have spark an emotion inside of her. Best way is to make her laugh to start with. If you get a positive response from her, assume that she is interested in you.
    From here, You want to start playfully and casually flirting with her.
    Show interest in her, but don’t come across needy or like you are outcome oriented.. She has to work for your acceptance, just as you have to work for hers.
    If you want some in depth answers, email me at guysguidance@gmail.com
    Happy to help!