Single mom dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Single mom dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rose123
    Participant
    August 29, 2013 at 2:22 pm #37988
    Single mom dating

I’m a 26 year old single mom for 4 years and started dating this guy 4 months ago. We hit it off from day one and have been going out two or three times a week. He expressed interest in meeting my DS early on but was totally understanding when I told him I wanted to wait 6 months to a year before I considered that. Things have started getting serious and we’ve done introductions to some of my family (he’s met my sisters who gave the stamp of approval.) My parents know about him and I’ve mentioned him as a “mommy’s friend” to my son. When I asked him if his family knows about me he told me he’s told his grandparents (who he lives with to help them out currently) of me, his mother and his older sister. However he’s only told his older sister that I have a kid. I don’t know why this bugged me, but I feel like he’s hiding things from his family or that maybe he’s afraid of how they’ll react. He’s told me there’s nothing I need to worry about but why do I feel like i’m some secret he’s keeping from his family? (I am three years older then him but I don’t think that’s the issue) Is this an irrational thing to worry about?

wanker42
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm #39297

I think you may be over thinking a bit. All that matters is how you relationship is between the two of you. He may have any number of personal reasons to share or not share private information with members of his family. Maybe he doesn’t want to mention it because he hasn’t met your son yet. He knows they’ll ask about your son and he might not want to tell them that he hasn’t met him yet. He may be embarrassed that things are getting serious but he hasn’t met your son yet.

dude4U
    dude4U
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:15 pm #40039

I agree. He probably doesn’t know if it’s serious enough to introduce you to his family since you have”t let him meet your son yet.