Single woman dating man with small kids

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mscoco39
    Participant
    September 9, 2013 at 9:40 am #38419

I’m a single woman with four grown children . Would you date a man with four children whose taking care of them alone ? Could you give up your alone time and freedom after you just got it back ?

steve1234
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:07 pm #39279

That sounds like a tough deal. I guess it would depend on how much you like spending time with him more then the kid situation. There is no sense worrying about it yet since you may only go on a few dates and find you are incompatible anyways.

wanker42
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm #39286

I’m a guy in a similar situation. I have two kids that I take care of by myself. Dating can be difficult for both parties involved. I’ve had a few women who were scared off immediately just at the mention that I had kids at home. Other seemed warm to the idea of spending some time doing kid related activities. It all just depends on what you are looking for in a relationship and how open you can be to the burdens of dating a parent. Good luck!

betsy588
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:41 pm #39336

I think you should enjoy the time without the kids for a while and then get serious. It’s fun having kids but its also fun getting your freedom back. Take a few months to live like a boy crazy teen again and then tell the guy you’re ready for a relationship, kids, house, white pickett fence all of that….

Genni
    Genni
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:17 pm #40046

I value my freedom, and I’m sure you do too. Just make sure that he does not put the kids on you and make them your responsibility. That would be no fun.