Slide into her DM.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Slide into her DM.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

zerotrep
    zerotrep
    Participant
    September 25, 2017 at 9:52 am #150133
    Slide into her DM.

This is something I would have done in my 20’s. Now in my 30’s, is “Sliding into someone Direct Message” something people do to get the conversation started?

I’ve been acquaintances with a girl for about 5 years now. She was in a relationship back when we met, but I don’t believe she is in one at the moment. We’re friends on all the social media sites, but we don’t have much interaction. I’ve talked to her at a few events. Ideally, I’d like to run into her again to ask in person. But our paths have not crossed all summer. She’s been on my mind every day this year, and feel that if I don’t make a move soon, someone else will.

So is it okay to send a private message asking her to lunch or drinks, or should their be some other conversation taking place first? I feel that I only have one shot at this, and need to make sure it’s a good one.