Slow replies, could still be interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 11:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SatanicBacon
    SatanicBacon
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 3:13 pm #170561

I’ve been talking to this girl after meeting her at a university residential, and she showed plenty of signs of interest in me:

-She has complimented my t-shirt
    -She uses lots of “!!”s and “hahaha”s, as well as emojis in her responses. We’re talking over snapchat, and her replies are often lengthy enough to warrant using multiple text boxes
    -When we had first met in person, she laughed at all my jokes, and we made eye contact from across the room a few times
    -She was the one who messaged me after we had left the residential

However, her replies are REALLY slow, consistently too. It usually takes a few hours before i get a response; I do ALWAYS get a response though.

What does this mean? Is it likely she’s simply talking to another guy? It just seems odd how the content of her replies literally scream “shes interested in me”, however these replies are so infrequent. Maybe just busy? Who knows… Hopefully you guys do!

Thanks!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 4:15 pm #170564

Clearly (you) are not a priority!
    When someone is “into you” they’ll get back to you rather quickly.
    This is especially true in the “beginning” or “infatuation phase”.

She may be “bread crumbing” you or keeping you “on the bench” while she’s involved with someone else.
    In other words she’s “feeding you” just enough to keep you in her orbit. Don’t allow yourself to strung along.
    The best thing for you to do is discontinue reaching out to her and find a girl who actually wants to spend time with (you)!

{Anytime you have to “figure out” if someone likes you or not it’s because they’re not really “into you”.}
    If she thought you were a real catch she wouldn’t risk leaving you out on the open market for very long.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

Nevertheless don’t be too surprised if she suddenly starts reaching out to you after you have moved on.
    That’s just how some people like to play “the game”. They need to a few people on “standby”.

Jane201522
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 9:25 pm #170570

She’s probably confused and just wants to see if you’re into her. It seems like she likes you but maybe she’s leading you on beacause she ‘can’. Show her that it’s one way or another and you won’t wait around for her. Good luck

Anonymous
    April 17, 2018 at 11:18 am #170877

In my experience a slow reply is not a good sign. On the other hand always geting an answer is a good sign. I think she’s unsure or has a lot of other things to do.

Coach_Michael21
    Participant
    April 18, 2018 at 1:06 pm #170984

I’m going to echo the sentiments of the majority here. Remember the #1 cornerstone of dating and attraction for BOTH men and women: Interested people act interested!!! If she were more invested and interested, she would be contacting you relatively frequently, and you would not get the sense that she is “leaving you hanging.” It is quite possible she is talking to other guys, so guess what? You should be talking to other girls! That is, if you aren’t already. Keep those options open, and don’t get caught up with just one. Cheers!