Smoking Pot: Ruining my relationship. PLEASE HELP

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

theriverweasel
    Participant
    June 18, 2014 at 1:39 pm #55538

I’m gonna try to keep this short and simple. I’m asking for dating advice from a non biased view. I don’t want to go to friends or family because I know they’ll take my side and I don’t know if that’s the right choice. I’ve been dating my boyfriend exclusively for 10 months. 3 months into our relationship he just quit his job out of no where and has been unemployed since. I didn’t really mind at the time because I didn’t have a job either, so I had no room to judge. Early on I knew he smoked marijuana recreational, and I was a little uncomfortable but I tried to be accepting of it. We’re at a point in our lives that I want to move out, start college, and start out life together; but he still has no job and not a lot of motivation to get one. He still smokes daily, and recently failed a drug test and couldn’t get a job. Now he broke a promise and smoked recently AGAIN. I’m losing my mind and extremely hurt. Is this relationship worth it? I love him but I don’t know if I can handle this

theriverweasel
    Participant
    June 18, 2014 at 1:40 pm #55539

Follow up: He promised me that he wouldn’t smoke until he had a job, and he ended up going over to a friends and getting high. I’m extremely disappointed and I’m afraid he had a substance addiction.

baker3g
    Participant
    June 18, 2014 at 9:48 pm #55608

It’s not an addiction, lol. A problem bred from irresponsibility? Yes. You have to get him to see how his smoking is affecting him right now, and how it’s affecting your relationship with him as well. I’d love to smoke all day or go to the movies every day, but I have responsibilities that I must take care of. Get him to see that if he just limited his usage, he could still have fun but also have money with a job, and be able to commit more time with you. If he continually fails at this, then you got to move on. Everyone learns about responsibility, some just later than others.