So confused

DATING ADVICE FORUM

So confused

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pinktupee
    Participant
    November 11, 2014 at 1:54 am #67418
    So confused

So I was friends with this guy for awhile ad then we stopped talking for a year because of a stupid fight. We were flirty and getting close before, and now we are starting up right where we left off. I was in an abusive relationship and just got out for good about a month ago. We were talking and hanging out, but nothing has happened yet. Yesterday he told me he wants to hang out with his ex to see if there is anything there, but wants to hang out with me another night. We had never spoken about bring together or anything, but I really like him and I don’t know what all this means. He touches me a lot when we hang out together, and does stuff for me, small things, but things that really matter to me. I also feel like it’s my fault because I have been a little closed off, and I canceled on him when we were suppose to go out. I feel like he’s just going to see her to get some sort of reaction out of me. I acted like I was happy for him, but I’m not. I don’t really know what to do next.

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    November 11, 2014 at 6:55 am #67426

Well seeing as you both are single, I suppose there is nothing wrong with him meeting up with his ex to see if there’s anything there. I do question why he felt he had to tell you that though. If there is genuine flirty going on from both sides he should have maybe kept that quiet in my opinion. He probably did mention this to you to see maybe what kind of reaction he would get out of you.

It could be taking one of two ways, either he really likes you but is playing mind games or he is genuinely wanting to see whether or not there is anything left between him and his ex before he makes any sort of commitment to you. My main concern to be honest is that you are not long out of an abusive relationship and would really not want to get hurt. I would say see what happens next and read the situation accordingly. If he’s playing mind games and you don’t want that leave him know, if you feel the ex is going to be on the scene it wont really work. I hope it works out for the best:)